Picasso update

i sure hope he can pull through this!!!!!! just follow the vets advice and give him alot of TLC!!!!!!!
im going to say a special prayer for him!!!!!

still saying prayers for you all each night ( and will until he is all better and you say he no longer needs them :)) I know this is hard to watch him go thew - but hang in there - hopefully this will all be over soon , and he will be a happy little guy again
stay strong :)

I do so appreciate all the thoughts and prayers, y'all are all just fantastic!.....I think he decided he wanted to make it today, he did take 4ml of applesauce today, without spitting it up, he actually got it swallowed, he wandered around more and he even attack a cricket Steve offered him, of course he couldn't get that one swallowed but he tried, tomorrow Steve is going in and get him some pinheads and wax worms.......he is drinking from the sprayer and just seems more alert...I'm so happy for my boy......hope this video of him drinking tonight can be seen......Thank you all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFsSkAGtdAY&feature=youtu.be

I was just thinking about you guys and glad you posted an update and a good update at that!

What a great video, he knows you guys love him!

I am so glad to hear that he's showing some improvement. I've had him on my mind. He looks so sweet and absolutely adorable in the video.

he's looking good!!! your TLC seems to be doing the job, keep it up!!!!!

he appears to be doing well with the spray bottle but you might get more in him using a medicine dropper, i use them on my guys and it seems to get a lot of water in the right place. :D
you can get them at any drug store or grocery store in the pharmacy area..

i hope he continues to improve for you!!!!! :)

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers and concern, what a wonderful group of people we have here on this board......I'm a little worried again because he lost some more tongue this morning and the remaining looks very mushy and will loss it, then he will have no tongue and I'm scared he may not be able to survive without any tongue...we are getting some small crickets down him, we have to hold his mouth open and stick a cricket down his throat with tweezers, he can swallow it then but not always....he looks at prey like he wants to grab it right up, but he has no confidence and won't do it, not even grab it with his mouth.........but still with all we have had to do, the poking and sticking down his throat, all the handling, force feedings, he has not once hissed or tried to bit us, this boy is the sweetest.....it's back to the vet tomorrow.

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers and concern, what a wonderful group of people we have here on this board......I'm a little worried again because he lost some more tongue this morning and the remaining looks very mushy and will loss it, then he will have no tongue and I'm scared he may not be able to survive without any tongue...we are getting some small crickets down him, we have to hold his mouth open and stick a cricket down his throat with tweezers, he can swallow it then but not always....he looks at prey like he wants to grab it right up, but he has no confidence and won't do it, not even grab it with his mouth.........but still with all we have had to do, the poking and sticking down his throat, all the handling, force feedings, he has not once hissed or tried to bit us, this boy is the sweetest.....it's back to the vet tomorrow.

He can live without a tongue. We have had a number on chams on the forum with no tongue, you will just have to teach to eat from your hand, not force feed just hold it for him or let him feed from a cup where he can just go bite his food, and not have to shoot at food. I hope he doesn't lose it, but even then your boy may be just fine.

Steve just got back with Picasso from the vet visit and he is going to lose all of his tongue, he was given some more antibiotics and the vet did trim some more dead tongue away, he still had the two crickets in his mouth that we gave him this morning, he just can't swallow them now, so it is back to baby food through a syringe along with some Pedialyte.....does anyone know around how many ML of baby food he should have?....we try to get at least 3.0 ml down him. each day.....it is just so hard on him with us having to force his mouth open and to hold it open.....Thanks again.

Basking after his visit to the vet.

Picasso basking 009.jpg

Aw, sorry to hear that the rest must go.
I don't know how squeamish you are but when one of my chams was too sick to eat, I fed him bugs via a syringe.
I simply squished the heads first to make it quicker for them and then stuffed them into the syringe.
Maybe Picasso could get actual bugs that way, since they come out of the syringe as mush--even crickets.
Another alternative is Laurie's wonderful Bug Juice
Originally Posted by laurie
If you need the homemade way to make food, make bug juice. Bug juice is easy and really good for your cham. Take a small blender add 4 oz of pedalite, 4 oz of ensure, some calcium, and a lot of well gut loaded feeders, I use crickets cause they blend best. Blend it until everything is liquid, strain it to get out legs and thinks that did not blend. Put it in a syringe and give it to your cham. i have kept extra in the frig for a max of 3 days. It makes more than you need but it doesn't blend well unless you have sufficient liquid.

Back
Top Bottom