Picasso update

lovepicasso

As y'all know, Picasso burned his tongue really bad Christmas evening and we needed to get him to the vet, well we had a winter storm that dropped ice, sleet and then 11 inches of snow on us Christmas day, knocked the power out to our house and made not only getting to the vet difficult, but the vet couldn't get to his office......but we did manage to get him there on Wed and he said he should recover with the proper meds, 3 of them and I will post later which ones.....so with the power out, we have done everything we could think of to keep him comfortable,hydrated and his skin warm and moist, with no heat and only fireplace to provide the heat the air does get very dry, needless to say neither of us has had much sleep the past 3 days....we did lose Tarzan, our Anole, he was dead this morning when we woke up......thank the lord, w have power now,came on about 1 hour ago.....now they say more ice and little bit of snow, tonight and tomorrow....can't take another power outage!

So glad to hear from you and sorry you have had a trying week! Glad to know Picasso is doing ok though and has some meds to help him out. Hate to hear about your anole though :(

So glad to hear from you and sorry you have had a trying week! Glad to know Picasso is doing ok though and has some meds to help him out. Hate to hear about your anole though :(

Thanks...I really loved that Anole, breaks my heart.....still not out of the woods completely with Picasso.

yay!!!! glad to hear that you got him some attention from a vet. hopefully he'll make a full recovery with that and some TLC!!!!!
keep us posted!!!!!

oh yeah,,, glad you got your power back also!!!! :)

some good news and some bad, but hopefully things will improve. maybe time for a generator.

Thanks all....will see how well he does today, hoping for the best....do need to try and get some food in him, maybe some applesauce.

If you have a eyedropper, you can smash up some bugs with the back of
a spoon and a small bowl, maybe mix with a few drops of water and feed
him bug juice.
Yes, it is as gross as it sounds, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!

Hope all will continue to get better. I know about that kind of snow and ice, I hate it. Just hang in there, Picasso will make it now, because you care.

I am so very sorry to hear about Trazan. Anoles can be very special. I know how much I love my little Dulce. I'll be praying for a fast and complete recovery for Picasso.

Gave Picasso his meds this morning and now we were able to get .08ml of applesauce down him, he doesn't like this but it is a must to survive....tried to give him a worm this morning and he took it, couldn't get it with his tongue, and was unable to swallow it....his tongue does still fall out of his mouth and still very large on the end, the weight causes it to hang and he has to grab as much as he can in his mouth to put his tongue back in, Steve helps him by holding his tongue up so he can grab it and helps to push it back in his mouth...I know this hard to picture but it is very painful and sad to watch....does anyone know if he can have baby food green beans?...want to try and see if he likes it.

Baby food carrots, squash, sweet peas. I think the rule if thumb I heard was anything fruit, stay away from the baby foods with meat

Baby food carrots, squash, sweet peas. I think the rule if thumb I heard was anything fruit, stay away from the baby foods with meat

Thanks...that was what we were wanting to hear......he has kept his tongue in more today than yesterday, but the poor baby wants to eat.

Thanks...that was what we were wanting to hear......he has kept his tongue in more today than yesterday, but the poor baby wants to eat.

Give the baby food a try!!!!! If he's hungry, I bet he'll go for it, with some persistence from you!!! ;). Lisa

We will be taking Picasso back to the vet today, this morning about 1/4 inches of his tongue is very black and dried up, he is going to lose that part of his tongue and I'm sure we will have to hand feed him from now on.......this little guy has been the sweetest boy in the world, he has never hissed or bitten either us through this entire deal.

poor little guy-but with your care and love I bet he will be fine in time
hang in there :)
sorry to hear about your other little guy :(

Glad Picasso is ok.hope he's 100% soon.sorry about the anole.we had a storm last night with heavy wind and the power went too.I was on the point of packing up fred and heading for the parents house when it came back on.just goes to show we all need to have a plan for such occasions

Back
Top Bottom