Parson Chameleon Color Phases

hi

yes that would be nice i think dennis stradinger sold yellow lipped babys that he claimed was cb
i dont know if he has more.

If you love working with and observing these phases of chameleons the best way is to see them in their native habitats thru eco tourism (by far the best way to view a chameleon). This allows for finances to be allocated to the locals and contributes to keeping the chameleons around and preserves them in the wild. If eventually a preserve or park is formed then if CITES approves, then you justify making them available to the public. The Giant green and Honey Parsons I would be cautious of as I'm not aware of any kind of preserve for these phases and collecting could cause legitimate harm to these unprotected wild populations.

I would recommend only eco tourism, photos or videos of these color phases until a core population of these phases are protected. At least the Yellow Lipped, Cristifer, and Whited Lips are all mostly protected by national parks that I'm aware of even though CITES permits regarding these phases is still highly controversial. Harvesting still should only be from secondary forest that surround these protected core areas.

Me. I had hundreds eggs from dozens clutches and nothing hatched.
Mostly from copulation in nature but few from animals imported like juvenils those matured and copulated in captivity.

First of all I couldn't believe that one single person has had that many eggs and nothing hatched.
But in your other points you are right

One note. If you read CITES notifications you will find that it is not banned export from Madagascar. It was just CITES RECCOMENDATION not accept Malagassy permits. In some countries, for example EU were issued laws not allowing it - but it is interanal law of EU. Madagascar accepted this reccomendation and is not issuing commercial permits (probably because of lack of importers).
Recomendation is not ban. In many countries you do not need for CITES II to get import permit at first. So if Madagascar will issue permit, you will export to these countries, you will have legal animals - those eventually can be re exported (if not these than for sure offspring).

Just further researching the National Parks/preserves of Madagascar and I'm not seeing a major National Park/preserve between Maranara and Antalaho. This is supposed to be the area that is home to the most abundant amounts of Parsons the white lipped phase. There is forest and no preserves. Am I wrong? I heard they were the most abundant and assumed they were protected.

Status
Yellow Lipped- Protected Ranomafana
Cristifer- Protected Perinet
Orange Eye White Lipped- Unprotected (no National Park/preserve)
Giant Yellow- Unprotected (no National Park/ preserve)
Giant Green- Protected Masoala

yes that would be nice i think dennis stradinger sold yellow lipped babys that he claimed was cb
i dont know if he has more.
I had very bad experience with him!

Me. I had hundreds eggs from dozens clutches and nothing hatched.
Mostly from copulation in nature but few from animals imported like juvenils those matured and copulated in captivity.

I know a guy here in Italy with real hathched in captivity, 6 babies.
http://www.sanguefreddo.net/camaleonti/25061-calumma-parsonii-4.html
http://www.sanguefreddo.net/camaleonti/25881-aggiornamento-piccoli-parsonii.html
http://www.sanguefreddo.net/camaleonti/42464-i-miei-parsonii.html

You can believe what you want :D
Several friends of mine stayed at Joe's home, and saw the eggs in incubation and the babies at 2-3 old days.
If I remember right, the female laid 24 eggs but only 6 babies hatched.

Yes, thats great. Do you not know something about conditions by incubation?

I did not say that it can be done just there was some parameter that I never was able get right. It was 15 years ago when we knew less than today.

May be is necessary continue with temperature/humidity experiments after year incubation and I there always lost hope... Moreover, by that long incubation accidents happens, this is frustrating...

Back
Top Bottom