Please help! Chameleon's eyes closed. 😢

Yes, she's been more active during the morning, basking, eating. Because she's in my living room, I cut off the main lights and dim one lamp. So not total darkness. I've also added the mister and fogger in the past week. Perhaps she's not used to it yet? I can try total darkness tonight.
Is the one lamp on all night? If so then this could very well be impacting her sleep. The other thing you can do is while your up watching tv hook a black out curtain around the outside of the enclosure. Keep the bottom 6 inches open for air flow and do not cover the top of the cage. Then when you go to bed take it off. This will make it so it is much darker in the cage and you can still be up watching tv with the one lamp on.

Like this.
IMG_2741.JPG IMG_2740.JPG

Is the one lamp on all night? If so then this could very well be impacting her sleep. The other thing you can do is while your up watching tv hook a black out curtain around the outside of the enclosure. Keep the bottom 6 inches open for air flow and do not cover the top of the cage. Then when you go to bed take it off. This will make it so it is much darker in the cage and you can still be up watching tv with the one lamp on.

Like this.
View attachment 295148View attachment 295149
No, I turn it off when I go to bed, usually around 10pm. I can get a blackout curtain. Is it possible that the tiny red lights on the power strips are bothering her too?

No, I turn it off when I go to bed, usually around 10pm. I can get a blackout curtain. Is it possible that the tiny red lights on the power strips are bothering her too?
not unless they are right up against her cage. If they are just in the room that would not effect her.
When did she complete the meds exactly?

not unless they are right up against her cage. If they are just in the room that would not effect her.
When did she complete the meds exactly?
She finished her meds on Feb 28. I think I've figured out the problem. I recently switched her to every other day feeding. It's the days that I don't feed her that she's low in her cage and ready for bed early. Since I don't know exactly how old she is, I was being cautious so I don't overfeed her. I think it's best for now to go back to every day.

If she’s not getting 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of real darkness maybe she’s just exhausted? Would any of the senior members on here recommend covering her cage at night to get some good shut eye?

If she’s not getting 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of real darkness maybe she’s just exhausted? Would any of the senior members on here recommend covering her cage at night to get some good shut eye?
Beman covered that already

Like this.
View attachment 295148View attachment 295149

Back
Top Bottom