Panther chameleon effected by colors in his cage?

sammseals

I am getting a panther chameleon in 2 days. I am getting everything together for his cage and i was just curious, if i put bright colors in his cage will that effect the colors he turns? I know he wont completely turn the color of the vines but will it effect his coloration? I want yellow or purple if its possible.

no it sounds like what your stating is the typical stereotype, chameleons can not change any color their surrounding is, panthers can change some pretty insane colors though

what kind of panther are you getting? Some of the locales have yellow, but not many have the color purple. And as the other member stated, they are not going to turn the color of what they are on to blend in.

I am getting a cross between an Ambanja and an Ambilobe. I was just looking at pictures and seen some panthers that looked like they adapted colors from their environment. I love the colors he should turn, I was just curious if he will just turn the colors from his relatives or if i could make him turn different colors a little.

he will look the colors of his parents. Not exactly of course, but similar. There is nothing you can do physically to change their colors into what you want. If they are going to be blue and yellow, you cannot turn them into red or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom