Active or not happy?

Kx2+cham

Established Member
Lately my almost 4 months old panther have been walking around his cage, climbing the sides, crisscrossing the branches, licking branches then will settle to bask or just be on his usual hang out area. The going around the cage happens twice or thrice a day. He still eats his usual food ration of 5 medium grasshoppers, 2 dubia roaches and 2 medium silkworms. Normal color while going around the cage. Sometimes it is a leaf sway walk and sometimes it is just straight walking. If he see’s us watching him, he’ll pause for a while then just do his thing.

Is it normal for them to do this or I am just paranoid?

Lately my almost 4 months old panther have been walking around his cage, climbing the sides, crisscrossing the branches, licking branches then will settle to bask or just be on his usual hang out area. The going around the cage happens twice or thrice a day. He still eats his usual food ration of 5 medium grasshoppers, 2 dubia roaches and 2 medium silkworms. Normal color while going around the cage. Sometimes it is a leaf sway walk and sometimes it is just straight walking. If he see’s us watching him, he’ll pause for a while then just do his thing.

Is it normal for them to do this or I am just paranoid?
Sounds like he is traveling around his bush to make sure no other Cham is in his territory 😉

Stick licking is a normal Panther thing. I believe we don’t know for sure why they do it, if they are marking their territory, checking to see if another male or female is around or if it’s something else but it’s totally adorable. Enjoy it 🥰🥰🥰

Back
Top Bottom