Paludariums- Tree Frogs

KRGEE21

Avid Member
Hey all. Just curious if anyone is currently keeping Whites, or other tree frogs.
Also on that subject anybody keeping them in 50/50 enclosures?

Not in paludariums but I have red eyed tree frogs and green tree frogs.

right now they are just in bioactive setups with water dishes. I do plan on upgrading them soon. Not sure if I’m going to do full on paludariums or just some sort of water feature.

Cool. I got some Whites a couple months ago and am in the middle of my first attempt at a 50/50 split tank build. Is turning out to be a challenge, but I am thoroughly enjoying learning something new.

Ya I have tried to do a split tank a few different times in a few different ways and all seemed to fail in their own way. I gave up on it for a while and went bio while doing more research.

I recently setup a tank for some dart frogs that has a water feature and I think I may have gotten it right this time (fingers crossed). Just letting it sit and cycle and grow in for a while to make sure. If it goes right I will somewhat replicate the idea in future tanks. But always trying new stuff as well.

5007B4A0-0CA3-4EF3-95C9-0C1F60FFFFEC.jpeg
BF5032D4-4E01-420F-AED1-3EDB9B8FB08E.jpeg

Not in paludariums but I have red eyed tree frogs and green tree frogs.

I have a colony of red eyes as well. Love them and their calls in the evening. I did a full aquarium bottom for mine with large rocks and a bark background above the water.

I won't do any pics at the moment, because I am way overdue for a spring clean out for their setup! LOL

I have a colony of red eyes as well. Love them and their calls in the evening. I did a full aquarium bottom for mine with large rocks and a bark background above the water.

I won't do any pics at the moment, because I am way overdue for a spring clean out for their setup! LOL

lol I know the feeling. Gotta redo my green tree frog tank.

ya the red eyes are awesome. Would love a massive setup with a bunch of them but well money lol.

ya I’m really considering doing a Aquarium on the bottom of the new tanks ( once I can afford all the stuff) they are gunna be the 36x18x36. I was looking at the new zoo med paludarium but I don’t think the 36x18x36 is available in Canada yet.

what kind of fish do you have in yours? I was thinking neon tetras and some shrimp.

Just some Endler's livebearers, a red bristlenose plecostimus, and a couple of cory cats. Hard to keep the water clean with all of the dead crickets and frog poo, to be honest.

Those small filters, like the ReptoFilter pictured earlier in the thread always clogged up on me and were a total p.i.a. I switched to sponge filters and never looked back.

Just some Endler's livebearers, a red bristlenose plecostimus, and a couple of cory cats. Hard to keep the water clean with all of the dead crickets and frog poo, to be honest.

Those small filters, like the ReptoFilter pictured earlier in the thread always clogged up on me and were a total p.i.a. I switched to sponge filters and never looked back.

ya I’m thinking of using external canister filters. Will probably Also do it planted to help with the water quality. Gotta do a lot more research on this though.

Back
Top Bottom