Paludariums- Tree Frogs

I’m actually starting to set up a similar five for Mantellas. How did you guys set up the water feature to be able to be replaced and or removed? I’m thinking about the filter or failure

I have my frog setup on a 5' counter. I can simply take the airline from my sponge filter, which I cut long to accommodate exactly this function, and create a siphon which I can then just put the end of the tubing into my sink drain. That way I can easily change water without disturbing anybody in the tank. It works both ways, as when I am done siphoning out the water, I fill a large pitcher from my treated and aged water barrel and put the end of the airline (while it is still mostly full of water) in that to siphon the water down through the sponge filter. I sit this pitcher above the tank so that the siphon works, of course. It's the easiest way for me without stressing anybody. It's not the fastest way, but it works for me.

If I siphon out lots of water I just keep filling up the pitcher with a large plastic cup of water as the level goes down.

Does pampering wild ones count?

Attachments

• 0510192136_HDR~2.jpg
    0510192136_HDR~2.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20180718_073559.jpg
    IMG_20180718_073559.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 150
  • 0225201913~2.jpg
    0225201913~2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 0225201913d~2.jpg
    0225201913d~2.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 122
What is the best/reputable place to purchase frogs?

I'm looking for some barking tree frogs but haven't kept them in about 10 years, so I don't know which breeders/sites are good...

Josh's frogs seems to be good. I know that people seem to hate Undergroundreptiles.com on here, but they seem to have interesting frogs from time to time listed. I have never bought from them, so I can't say.

Josh's frogs seems to be good. I know that people seem to hate Undergroundreptiles.com on here, but they seem to have interesting frogs from time to time listed. I have never bought from them, so I can't say.
Thanks.

Anyone had any experience with LLLReptiles?

I got my White's from snakes at sunset. Easy to work with, and good communication. I'm really enjoying these little guys. They've learned what it means when the cricket keeper comes out lol.
20200315_072403.jpg

Finally finished up their new enclosure, and we're about 2 weeks in on cycling it. Added some driftwood to lower the PH. A few more days and we should be able to add some aquatic plants and cleaners.
No leaks, and the water feature works.
20200320_084528.jpg

Need to add a couple more mag naturals and branches, but pretty happy with the way it turned out considering my first attempt.

I got my White's from snakes at sunset. Easy to work with, and good communication. I'm really enjoying these little guys. They've learned what it means when the cricket keeper comes out lol.
View attachment 262311

Finally finished up their new enclosure, and we're about 2 weeks in on cycling it. Added some driftwood to lower the PH. A few more days and we should be able to add some aquatic plants and cleaners.
No leaks, and the water feature works.
View attachment 262312
Need to add a couple more mag naturals and branches, but pretty happy with the way it turned out considering my first attempt.
This is beautiful!

I don't know if it's a connection so much, but they seem to be pretty tolerant of hands in the enclosure. More so than my quad.
They all willing jump onto my hand to get the feeders. Particularly seem to like isopods, and BSFL

I haven't kept tree frogs in about 10 years, and I know a lot has changed in our undertsnding when it comes to supplementation in that time. I assume they're not as sensitive to over supplementation as Chameleons are; I've been dusting with both 'Arcadia EarthPro' A and 'Repashy Supervite' for pro and pre-form A... but these supplements don't have D3, so I've been dusting with a Calcum with D3 powder as well;

Do you guys include Cal w/D3 at EVERY feeding for your frogs?

From what I have read there are mixed opinions. Some people are only using D3 once a week, and some using Repashy Cal plus at almost every feeding. Personally I tend to be more conservative with my supplements, so I am using Repashy Cal plus LoD every other feeding. So far so good.

frogforum.net is a good site for research.

From what I have read there are mixed opinions. Some people are only using D3 once a week, and some using Repashy Cal plus at almost every feeding. Personally I tend to be more conservative with my supplements, so I am using Repashy Cal plus LoD every other feeding. So far so good.

frogforum.net is a good site for research.
Thanks.

I have 3 Whites Tree Frogs. Two will eat just about anything. One will not touch Dubia roaches even when she's (?) clearly hungry.

I feed them twice a week varying between Dubia roaches, BB Flies, Hornworms, Silkworms and now Crickets.

Back
Top Bottom