Looking for chameleons in south east Florida

tcnorris

Hi, I’m curious to find out if anyone has spotted chameleons in the south eastern area of Florida, say Lake Worth or somewhere not too far from there? Also, those of you who have spotted them, are they usually high up in the big trees?

Why are you looking for chameleons?
Because I love them. I didn’t know they were an invasive species here until recently and I see what they do with the iguanas and I’d like to save some from being needlessly killed.

Because I love them. I didn’t know they were an invasive species here until recently and I see what they do with the iguanas and I’d like to save some from being needlessly killed.
Keep in mind.... wild caught chams do not always do well after being caught and caged. You will need a very good chameleon vet as well because they have parasites and health conditions. You will also need complete individual set ups for each one. They can not be housed together or they will kill each other.

Keep in mind.... wild caught chams do not always do well after being caught and caged. You will need a very good chameleon vet as well because they have parasites and health conditions. You will also need complete individual set ups for each one. They can not be housed together or they will kill each other.
Absolutely! I’m very aware of their needs and issues. I appreciate your input. Not everyone cares about what happens to animals and if the people getting them know how to take care of them.

Back
Top Bottom