Glass frogs?

danny_cham

Established Member
I’m putting together a tank for some glass frogs but have discovered that there are actually very few breeders. Does anybody know of any good breeders located in the States?

There’s only 2 listed in morph market and I was thinking of ordering from the Good Guy Reptile Family because his seem fairly priced and he has good reviews. I’m going to a reptile show soon to hopefully find more breeders so I can look at my options.

Josh’s frogs hasn’t had any in stock in months that I know of otherwise I would order from them.

So if anyone knows any good breeders that would be great!

Quick update, the good guy reptile family actually has wild caught glass frogs. I have no experience with wild caught animals of any kind and all I know is that they often carry parasites and I am not sure what to do.

Quick update, the good guy reptile family actually has wild caught glass frogs. I have no experience with wild caught animals of any kind and all I know is that they often carry parasites and I am not sure what to do.
Personally I would wait on Joshs.

Personally I would wait on Joshs.
I’m going to a reptile show in a month and if I don’t find a breeder there I might just get dart frogs and hold off on the glass frogs until they are more established in the hobby

I’m going to a reptile show in a month and if I don’t find a breeder there I might just get dart frogs and hold off on the glass frogs until they are more established in the hobby
Good idea, you really do need to get domestic bred if you can; so much healthier, acclimated, etc.

Good idea, you really do need to get domestic bred if you can; so much healthier, acclimated, etc.
I would much prefer captive bred than wild caught. Pretty sure my Cham was wild caught and he had so many parasites . I would only get wild caught if I was going to be breeding them but I’m not

Back
Top Bottom