Oh crap!

They are mildly venomous, nothing too bad, especially since these guys are chill and even my wild garden ones don't get defensive and either just chill or run. But if you for some reason get bit (I only have gotten bit once by someone who got annoyed by me cupping over them and then putting too much pressure in one spot) they do give you mild flu symptoms for 24 hours at the longest. But really have to piss them off.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:I'll stick with the roaches.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

They probably need to grow out a little bit more to get your red runners, but I can find some wild juveniles of this species all over my backyard, they will help the slings out until these guys are of correct size. I have seen the slings take down larger prey items down together but they seem to be spreading out more and relying less on each other. They are growing fast.

They are mildly venomous, nothing too bad, especially since these guys are chill and even my wild garden ones don't get defensive and either just chill or run. But if you for some reason get bit (I only have gotten bit once by someone who got annoyed by me cupping over them and then putting too much pressure in one spot) they do give you mild flu symptoms for 24 hours at the longest. But really have to piss them off.

I find this fascinating and it also gives me the willies at the same time:eek: I think I am going to be sticking with sticky traps:)

The real question is who or what knocked over the bin??o_O
Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 4.36.53 PM.png

Unless you think the roaches ran back and forth to tip the bin over themselves.;)

A box fell off a shelf above the bin and knocked the screen top in and also made a bridge for them to crawl out on. I think i put it up there in a hurry and it was balanced precariously and eventually tipped. I KNOW i dont have any rats! Lol

I don't have rats in my house but there were some outside for a while this summer. Something picked them off though...and whatever it was got rid of almost all the other critters in my yard too...chipmunks, red, grey, black squirrels, raccoons, skunks, possums, the bunnies escaped and most of the birds. Haven't been able to figure out what did it but the wildlife is returning now.

@Scottsquatch ...did you get rid of all the escaped bugs yet?

I can only acount for 5 now. If Andee sends me spiders and I keep baiting sticky traps maybe ill be in the clear.

@Scottsquatch You know I'm kidding. My neighbors are having a roof rat infestation so it's been on my mind. Happy hunting.
@kinyonga I have a Coopers Hawk or two that get my other neighbors pigeons from time to time but what ever you had must have been very efficient.

I thought the odds of an ingress of red runners was the same as dubia. Almost nill. The are not a pest. Its like saying the loose crickets will take over.

I thought the odds of an ingress of red runners was the same as dubia. Almost nill. The are not a pest. Its like saying the loose crickets will take over.
Dude, I totally hope your right. So far I have heard differing opinions from two camps. Some say they will, others say no. Fingers crossed for no!

Back
Top Bottom