Lily the Panther: a "Rescue" Progress Thread!

It is amazing to see how far she has come with you. Looks so much better and happier. Such a great mom you are Amanda <3

You'll make me blush, haha! I'm just so glad she seems to be recovering well! Her 1 month recheck is tomorrow, so hopefully we're in the all clear. (y) I also got a steal of a deal on a ReptiFogger, so I'll start using that at night when it arrives. I feel she's losing too much moisture overnight, and seems exceptionally thirsty in the morning. Urates are perfect, though! Barely a hint of yellow. :)

I agree. She's looking amazing! Even showing off for the camera.

Thanks!! :D I'm giving her my all. I just love her grumpy little face! She gets very offended when I come by without an offering and play with her stuff.

It’s ok you can be!! Imelda is ugly as hell but so beautiful in my eyes :LOL: everyone agrees Ms Lily is a looker

I love Imelda's cute little pink tootsies! :D I find beauty in all my critters, even the ones others might not find as appealing.

I definitely lucked out with Lily, though! She's pretty photogenic. It's just the operator that needs to learn how to use a camera properly! :ROFLMAO:

I love Imelda's cute little pink tootsies! :D I find beauty in all my critters, even the ones others might not find as appealing.

I definitely lucked out with Lily, though! She's pretty photogenic. It's just the operator that needs to learn how to use a camera properly! :ROFLMAO:
I think imelda is the queen of resting b$&@ face (didn’t know if I would get in trouble if I said the word) she thinks she classy since giving her a tea cup lol

Lily was very lucky to find you! I know they say they don’t have feelings but I think they have some. You can see a soul in the eyes

Lily catching some rays outside of the coffee shop while we wait for our vet appointment in an hour. I havent seen this pattern on her before! Only one patch of shed left on her side, and a little scrap on one of her back feet.

Lily just finished at the vet, and has been given the all clear! She's up to 50g now (from 48), and the doctor is very happy with how her eyes are looking. The mouth lesion is all healed up, and the visible bit remaining appears to be scar tissue (or at least, it didn't budge or flake off at all when Doc rubbed it fairly aggressively with a Q-tip!). So, no more meds needed! If Lily's eye(s) look at all irritated again, Doc says I can use my EyeStream irrigating solution as much as I want.

I've been told to keep doing what I'm doing, and when I asked if I should swap Lily's dusting schedule back to something resembling normality, Doc said to go ahead and keep it as is for the next few (3) months. So, I'm lightly dusting 2/3 of Lily's feeders with Repashy SuperVite, and plain calcium on the rest. Her advice to me was to not rock the boat, since Lily's doing so well right now! I'm a tad sceptical, but I'll review again in a few months, and probably taper back at that point to make the swap to Supercal LoD. In the mean time, I'll keep a very close eye for signs of potential over supplementation! I'll have a fecal floatation performed sometime before I swap her to her bio enclosure (soooon!), just for 100% peace of mind.

Doc says no charge for the recheck, and that I really could have just brought Lily with me while I was on shift for an "on the fly" look. But we had a nice chat, and Doc got to sit down for a minute during what was shaping up to be a busy day, so win win!

Also, one last picture of Lily, from a shrub outside of the coffee shop earlier! :D I can't help myself. I just keep snapping pics, and where better to post them but here?! :love: It's so funny, too - I hardly ever take pictures of my birds!

Lily just finished at the vet, and has been given the all clear! She's up to 50g now (from 48), and the doctor is very happy with how her eyes are looking. The mouth lesion is all healed up, and the visible bit remaining appears to be scar tissue (or at least, it didn't budge or flake off at all when Doc rubbed it fairly aggressively with a Q-tip!). So, no more meds needed! If Lily's eye(s) look at all irritated again, Doc says I can use my EyeStream irrigating solution as much as I want.

I've been told to keep doing what I'm doing, and when I asked if I should swap Lily's dusting schedule back to something resembling normality, Doc said to go ahead and keep it as is for the next few (3) months. So, I'm lightly dusting 2/3 of Lily's feeders with Repashy SuperVite, and plain calcium on the rest. Her advice to me was to not rock the boat, since Lily's doing so well right now! I'm a tad sceptical, but I'll review again in a few months, and probably taper back at that point to make the swap to Supercal LoD. In the mean time, I'll keep a very close eye for signs of potential over supplementation! I'll have a fecal floatation performed sometime before I swap her to her bio enclosure (soooon!), just for 100% peace of mind.

Doc says no charge for the recheck, and that I really could have just brought Lily with me while I was on shift for an "on the fly" look. But we had a nice chat, and Doc got to sit down for a minute during what was shaping up to be a busy day, so win win!

Also, one last picture of Lily, from a shrub outside of the coffee shop earlier! :D I can't help myself. I just keep snapping pics, and where better to post them but here?! :love: It's so funny, too - I hardly ever take pictures of my birds!

View attachment 234127
Haha what a goober! So happy she's doing better! Like I had any doubt she wouldn't in your care! Keep up the great work you two ladies!

View attachment 234127
So very happy to hear such a great report . No surprise though , she has a diligent mama ❤️. Lily looks wonderful xox .

View attachment 234127
Sooooo wonderful to hear! I am so glad that she is making a full recovery!

View attachment 234127
Happy to hear she’s doing good

Back
Top Bottom