Nosy Faly's without red rain?

This could be quite possible, however wrong it may be! Having previously owned a purebred Boxer (dog), I remember a time when breeders would euthanize any 'all-white' pups in the litter as they weren't recognized by the American Kennel Association. They were considered an 'anomaly' of the breed however I believe this 'rule' is no longer observed. Perhaps a rainless Faly is considered an anomaly in the Chameleon world!

Did you just say I was wrong then agree with me? Lol.

Until earlier in this thread? BAM.

I have no idea what you are talking about...but just like those crosses from the great white north some of the babies in a crossed clutch can show less or more of the crossed traits. Question, why is it that everyone wants to call everything a Faly?? Faly's aren't even valuable anymore because all the crap that surrounds them.

I have no idea what you are talking about...but just like those crosses from the great white north some of the babies in a crossed clutch can show less or more of the crossed traits. Question, why is it that everyone wants to call everything a Faly?? Faly's aren't even valuable anymore because all the crap that surrounds them.

idk man. its a fair question.

but i just want to say that maybe its like ambilobes... theres a red bar and and blue bar.

maybe theres a rained and a rainless.

thats all.

I have never seen an adult male Nosy Faly panther, either in wild photos or imported wild-caughts, without the so-called red rain that they were named Oorana Mena for.

**is what the original imports were named for

not necessarily a representative sample of the entire island.

I think Falys can only be judged by wild caught specimens or photos from the island itself. Most captive bred or captive hatched ones are the ones in question?

Except the people who've been to the island have not found a "rainless" specimen. Also, one well-known exporter (supposedly responsible for the first Nosy Falys in the US) even considers low-rain or dull-red rain specimens to be crossed with introduced Nosy Be's. They hatch in captivity but can't be found on the island?

Red bar and blue bar Ambilobes both been imported as well as photographed in the wild for years. The same can't be said about imported or wild-photographed "rainless" Faly.

the ones with red rain arnt representative of whats on nosy faly but the usual ones are rainless like you said in a diff post? I dont understand this.. ive never seen any rainless falys pictured in the wild as nosy falys nor have the imports shown your usual rainless faly the only times ive seen a rainless faly is from ch from wc female. this is startin to sound like the red/orange/yellow body faly threads and we dont need anymore faly drama..whats the common thing in the off looking falys? female wild caughts..
no drama there, end of the story...
i will say this.. i hope we all move on from all the drama over falys an get to breeding some sweet ones an stop arguein about ones you yasellf question as a faly..

Last edited:
Consider this

So the assumption is that the rainless falys are coming from wild caught faly females that were crossed with wild Nosy Bes that have been introduced on the island - right? If so, consider this: I haven't seen any photos of a blue Nosy Be in the wild. Nosy Bes are usually green. The blue Nosy Be is a result of a captive selective breeding program. Sure, there had to be the original few wild blue Nosy Bes to get it started but the blue on blue is a rare trait in the wild. Agreed? So a rainless faly is the result of a number of rare wild blue Nosy Be males lose in the wild on Nosy Faly? Or could it be that exporters and photographers are seeking the quintessential Nosy Faly with rain while the imported wild female offspring are showing us the variety of the Nosy Faly. This is an interesting discussion.

Well put.....

So the assumption is that the rainless falys are coming from wild caught faly females that were crossed with wild Nosy Bes that have been introduced on the island - right? If so, consider this: I haven't seen any photos of a blue Nosy Be in the wild. Nosy Bes are usually green. The blue Nosy Be is a result of a captive selective breeding program. Sure, there had to be the original few wild blue Nosy Bes to get it started but the blue on blue is a rare trait in the wild. Agreed? So a rainless faly is the result of a number of rare wild blue Nosy Be males lose in the wild on Nosy Faly? Or could it be that exporters and photographers are seeking the quintessential Nosy Faly with rain while the imported wild female offspring are showing us the variety of the Nosy Faly. This is an interesting discussion.

Nosy Faly will reach a turning point for the positive very soon. What we have now is a bunch of CH stuff that turned out so be Nosy Be or some other mix. There are a few breeders that got lucky/selective and have pure lines of Nosy Faly, which will pass down the favored red rain look.

Tip: Instead of spending time proving you have a Faly. Sell the animal as "possible Faly" and acquire a proven "Faly". There ARE a few breeders producing proven Falys. You can debate this all day but you didnt pick this one off the island, so its all up in the air. What's the goal with this guy, are you trying to command a Faly price or use him to breed and sell offspring as Faly?

Either way, at this point, it would be like selling a sandfire bearded dragon with no red. Its just not going to command the same price or pass down desirable genetics.

heres my "not a faly" faly

Attachments

• IMAG0870.jpg
    IMAG0870.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 146
Just so we are clear here...this is what a CH Nosy Faly should look like. Unfired, just hanging in the cage, taken with an iphone 5, unedited.
155492_10151109916261895_1387632714_n.jpg

when was your last trip to nosy faly?

Never;) But I do have about 4 dozen pictures of different animals from someone that lives there. With commentary as to which ones are typical, which ones are exceptional and which ones he suspects to be hybrids with introduced Nosy Be's:cool:

Back
Top Bottom