night heating?

gollum

hey, just wondered what pepole use to heat there cages at night, i know its not needed in warmer areas/seasons, but i live in the UK and it can get pretty cold at night, at the moment the room temp drops to about 64f, so thats fine for a veiled right?

anyway, in the winter the room temp can drop to about 54f, what do you guys use/suggest to keep the cham happy and healthy? cheers

I have used heat tape and wrapped it around the cage, CHE, and also depending on the room size you could use a little space heater to heat the room.

yes get a ceramic bulb and a low wattage one and dont put it right on top of his/her cage they can get burned that way

I would go with heating the room the enclosure is in with a space heater ... but not much.
54 f. is a borderline nighttime temp. I almost think it's acceptable, but if it were me I would try to get it up to 60 f.
Winter temps can and do approach freezing (32 f.) in Yemen and Saudi Arabia.
You need a small electric space heater with a thermostat.

-Brad

Last edited:
Depends on age really.
How old is the veiled?
Personal experience here.
60 is great!
54 is fine if the chameleon can warm up the following morning and is an adult.

Depends on age really.
How old is the veiled?
Personal experience here.
60 is great!
54 is fine if the chameleon can warm up the following morning and is an adult.

he's just over a year, he's really strong and healthy, i just don't really want to temp fate!

p.s thanks for the imput everyone, i always feel the need to learn more, even tho he's doing so well as it is, im gonna try and get some pics up soon, if the camera decides to work! cheers

Back
Top Bottom