NEW YORK REPTILE SHOW TOMORROW, ANYONE GOING?

Franquixote

Established Member
Might be nice to meet some members in person if anyone is going.
I am 8 months without an automatic mister so think I finally have enough squirreled away for s Pro Mist model 60 with brass nozzles.

Not sure if we are allowed to talk about trades meeting up at a show, but I could definitely trade a dubia starter colony if anyone wants one, also could offer orange head starter colony or Madagascar jasmine cuttings.
I could use some silkworms and open to other suggestions.

But again, always nice to meet up and say hi for 5 minutes if anyone else is hesded there.

Rockland NY reptile show.
If I am allowed to post info I will.
I'm not a vendor or anything, just stopping by for a bit.

Well tomorrow is that show, its very good. I am in northern NJ and my local reptile shop just reopened with decent stock. But there are not many good reptile shops around here except that one.
Petco and such put all the locals out of business. NJ Exotics is supposed to be good but I haven't been there for years. What's your schedule and locale agenda look like?
We have some good aquarium shops, but slim pickings otherwise. No venomous allowed and I don't go to NYC so can't tell you what's in the city.
Too early in the year to go looking for rattlesnakes, tortoises, or other native reptiles and amphibians.
Best bet is probably to check out the local institutions- Turtle Back Zoo is decent, of course Bronx Zoo, and if you want to see some awful husbandry then Space Farms in the far northwest part of the state. Central Park Zoo is decent too.
Anything in particular you looking for?

Well tomorrow is that show, its very good. I am in northern NJ and my local reptile shop just reopened with decent stock. But there are not many good reptile shops around here except that one.
Petco and such put all the locals out of business. NJ Exotics is supposed to be good but I haven't been there for years. What's your schedule and locale agenda look like?
We have some good aquarium shops, but slim pickings otherwise. No venomous allowed and I don't go to NYC so can't tell you what's in the city.
Too early in the year to go looking for rattlesnakes, tortoises, or other native reptiles and amphibians.
Best bet is probably to check out the local institutions- Turtle Back Zoo is decent, of course Bronx Zoo, and if you want to see some awful husbandry then Space Farms in the far northwest part of the state. Central Park Zoo is decent too.
Anything in particular you looking for?
Take a lot of pics of the chams!

Cool thank you, we'll be around NYC(wife wanted to go there for her bday lol). She has family that live in red bank.

I do like aquarium shops, maybe I'll have to look into some if we have any downtime.

Only 1 panther seller thete. The rest are sad looking veiled and maybe an occasional oddball, but I will if I see anything.
Ton of tortoises and ball pythons.
Some cool stuff like axolotl and lots of bugs. Saw a $5000 skink last time : o

James PM me when you are in NJ, I have off from my job (public school teacher) this week.
There are a few hidden gems of aquarium shops in north jersey.
Red Bank is like halfway down the shore, you are nowhere close to New York City and well beyond my stomping grounds, but the Seaside Heights boardwalk might be partially open for Easter, and Popcorn Park Zoo down there is kinda fun.
I hsve no idea what reptile shops are down that way but I will ask around if that helps.

Absolutely Fish in Clifton NJ is s "must see", and I know of a few other shops that have their own specislties like corals, high end freshwater shrimp (last time I was at this place called Fishtown USA in Ramsey he had a single 1/4" freshwater shrimp going gor $500!), and Eli's fish in northern NJ is s hole in the wall but always has a half dozen things that manage to shock me. Some specialized coral places if that's your thing yoo.
Are you driving or flying in?
(Not sure where you are from).

I have a ton of pics to upload today.
There were A LOT of chameleons thete yesterday!

I also saw a great Ambilobe, the cor I thought I was getting and it pissed me off my panther has such lame colors.
Technically yeah, he's a blue barred , but my wife saw the hatchling that I *thought* was going to be what mine is based on the pics of its line and even my wife said "you got ripped off "

Anyway just venting.

James if you think you will have time PM me if you want to catch up, escape the family for a few hours lol.
I think you said you were coming here to visit your in-laws, right?

I have a ton of pics to upload today.
There were A LOT of chameleons thete yesterday!

I also saw a great Ambilobe, the cor I thought I was getting and it pissed me off my panther has such lame colors.
Technically yeah, he's a blue barred , but my wife saw the hatchling that I *thought* was going to be what mine is based on the pics of its line and even my wife said "you got ripped off "

Anyway just venting.

James if you think you will have time PM me if you want to catch up, escape the family for a few hours lol.
I think you said you were coming here to visit your in-laws, right?

For sure, I'll let ya know what's going on. We're mainly going to NYC, but staying at the in laws. Going to take the train over. Me going to NJ/NY with no complaints was my bday gift to the wife :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom