New Dragon Strand Hybrid Large Atrium for my Beman <3

Where do you have your feeder and what are you using. Sorry but you’re setup is great and I’m looking to rework mine a bit lol
Your fine. I appreciate the interest. I worked hard on it and I have never been one to not like sharing info. So Beman cup feeds or hand feeds. I just take it to him and he takes the feeders right down. Since he is full grown he is on a reduced feeding plan so I do not need a permanent feeder run for him but he does have a small cup that I made that hooks to a dragon ledge. But I also have the shooting gallery large feeder for the baby I will be getting. I love it. https://tkchameleons.com/

Beman may end up going back to the medium atrium I reworked to match the large and the new baby would get the large so I would use the shooting gallery on it.

After 5 days in the Large atrium he would not move from a 1 foot square area. He was showing more stress signs and I was getting concerned about him adjusting to the larger space. I put him back in the medium yesterday afternoon and he is acting like himself more now. Tucking himself into the plants and moving around.

Your fine. I appreciate the interest. I worked hard on it and I have never been one to not like sharing info. So Beman cup feeds or hand feeds. I just take it to him and he takes the feeders right down. Since he is full grown he is on a reduced feeding plan so I do not need a permanent feeder run for him but he does have a small cup that I made that hooks to a dragon ledge. But I also have the shooting gallery large feeder for the baby I will be getting. I love it. https://tkchameleons.com/

Beman may end up going back to the medium atrium I reworked to match the large and the new baby would get the large so I would use the shooting gallery on it.

After 5 days in the Large atrium he would not move from a 1 foot square area. He was showing more stress signs and I was getting concerned about him adjusting to the larger space. I put him back in the medium yesterday afternoon and he is acting like himself more now. Tucking himself into the plants and moving around.

Ahh ya. My guy (Weebo) has been in the large atrium since he was a baby. He cruises all around that thing.

After 5 days in the Large atrium he would not move from a 1 foot square area. He was showing more stress signs and I was getting concerned about him adjusting to the larger space.
Is that long enough? I'm not positive, but I thought I'd read here that relocation adjustment can take up to 2 weeks—or have I got that wrong?

Is that long enough? I'm not positive, but I thought I'd read here that relocation adjustment can take up to 2 weeks—or have I got that wrong?
It can up to 2 weeks. But I know him quite well. In the outdoor enclosure it took him 2 times of being outside in it and he had no issue exploring every section. He was not at all himself the last 5 days. Staying literally in 1 square foot and not moving for hours. It is possible that the light from the window was stressing him out because the cage was very close to it. He has never liked the drapes open in this room.
He is already moving around like normal and actually is basking today. He seems much more content being back in his enclosure. But we will see.

So I wasn’t sure exactly where I wanted the misting heads after I extended them and didn’t want to zip tie them to the ceiling until I did. I decided to order some strong little magnets to make them stay in place and allow me to change them if I decided to.
Calcifer found them today ?
91A89645-CACC-4B9B-930F-5DAAC35D7329.jpeg

So I wasn’t sure exactly where I wanted the misting heads after I extended them and didn’t want to zip tie them to the ceiling until I did. I decided to order some strong little magnets to make them stay in place and allow me to change them if I decided to.
Calcifer found them today ?View attachment 271014
And that would be why I use the tiny zip ties :hilarious: At least he is being adorable.

These are the bundles I buy but in it the 4 inch ones slide between the screen without causing any issue to the screen. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075F78RX5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those will fit through the screen without damaging it on a Dragon Strand cage?
The 4 inch ones do that come with that pack. They are tiny tiny. It says on the package that the little ones are 3*100 mm what ever that means lol
Here is a pic going through the screen.

IMG_5045.jpg

Awesome job Becca, sorry I just now saw your build thread. I'm surprised you didn't make it Bio Active though.

The 4 inch ones do that come with that pack. They are tiny tiny. It says on the package that the little ones are 3*100 mm what ever that means lol
ICBW, but I'm pretty sure that means 3mm X 100mm. A quick measure should confirm or deny.

Calcifer found them today ?View attachment 271014
I just used Floral wire to attach mine to the screen top. Works great and makes it easy to move them is needed.

Beman So does those opposing but off_set mid mounted nozzles creat a like mist curtain ( likehow the air curtain on shop doors to keep heat in) with the spray. Like stop the over spray out front of mesh?

Beman So does those opposing but off_set mid mounted nozzles creat a like mist curtain ( likehow the air curtain on shop doors to keep heat in) with the spray. Like stop the over spray out front of mesh?
Ok so I don't think I totally understand the question... But I have no mist going out the front or the top with how I have the nozzles set up. Nothing wasted spraying on the side walls either.

Back
Top Bottom