New Dragon Strand Hybrid Large Atrium for my Beman <3

Love your setup. Here is my dragon strand atrium. About 3 1/2 years old now. Don’t mind a couple of the plants need to be replaced. And I might have to steal your misting idea. I love how you have them spray directly down like that

Attachments

• 9E424DA5-605C-418F-86FF-C3C1AA261279.jpeg
    9E424DA5-605C-418F-86FF-C3C1AA261279.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 79966F5D-E8A7-4C72-91B4-8FFC82C3A812.jpeg
    79966F5D-E8A7-4C72-91B4-8FFC82C3A812.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 188
Love your setup. Here is my dragon strand atrium. About 3 1/2 years old now. Don’t mind a couple of the plants need to be replaced. And I might have to steal your misting idea. I love how you have them spray directly down like that
I like how yours sits up above the drain pan for easy cleaning. The only thing I like better about this version of the cage is I don't have that top panel above the doors like yours does. I have it on my medium tall and it makes me nuts. The extended misting nozzles have been awesome. I have not found anything that I do not like about it so far just have to be strategic with where the nozzles mount and where your lights sit so that the lights arent over the tubes or the nozzle heads.

What thermometer do you use? I remember you mentioned you know your UVB levels too. What are you running on there?

What thermometer do you use? I remember you mentioned you know your UVB levels too. What are you running on there?
I have a herpstat for my basking fixture and have the probe tied in at basking then a secondary probe for a zoo med thermometer to double check temps at basking. I have a solarmeter 6.5 and with it running a 6% at about 9 inches down I get a 3 uvi on the branch with these vivarium electronics fixtures. https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html
Running 3 total 1 for uvb and 2 6500 daylight bulbs.

I have a herpstat for my basking fixture and have the probe tied in at basking then a secondary probe for a zoo med thermometer to double check temps at basking. I have a solarmeter 6.5 and with it running a 6% at about 9 inches down I get a 3 uvi on the branch with these vivarium electronics fixtures. https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html
Running 3 total 1 for uvb and 2 6500 daylight bulbs.

Awesome thanks. I’ll look into that.

Even though I’m pretty sure it does nothing.....I love the midnight affect LEDs

Attachments

• AAA58450-02FF-45CD-9620-A4F7D0886946.jpeg
    AAA58450-02FF-45CD-9620-A4F7D0886946.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 130
Awesome thanks. I’ll look into that.

Even though I’m pretty sure it does nothing.....I love the midnight affect LEDs
Yeah I loved that about that fixture as well. I used to have them for my cages. But I have had bad luck with them. The display totally went out on one, I had another that the lights would flash when it was off, and another one tried to catch on fire. The reflector in it is not as good either. With singles I get much more light. Also I only have to run a 6% bulb and with the quad I had to run a 12% since it shares one reflector.

I use the LEDs as a last call before bed time, all animals get a 15 minute Grace period to find their preferred sleep spot before they switch off.
Yeah I’m running all my lights on individual timers now so they kick on slowly over an hour and a half in the morning and then off over 2 hours at night. By the time the last t5 kicks off he is already down and In sleeping position.

I use the LEDs as a last call before bed time, all animals get a 15 minute Grace period to find their preferred sleep spot before they switch off.
I do the same with some small led pucks I have that make a actinic light in the 460nm range. I start and end the day with 15m on these pucks. Sometimes I turn them on via smart plug when I’m up watching movies in my bedroom at night so I can view the chams in their pj’s under actinic light, and man do they pop!

Yeah I’m running all my lights on individual timers now so they kick on slowly over an hour and a half in the morning and then off over 2 hours at night. By the time the last t5 kicks off he is already down and In sleeping position.

I like it. What are you running for you misting schedule? And how many nozzles in that beast? I started with 3 and it wasn’t enough. I have 4 now and even that doesn’t quite get everything wet

I like it. What are you running for you misting schedule? And how many nozzles in that beast? I started with 3 and it wasn’t enough. I have 4 now and even that doesn’t quite get everything wet
This is my current Schedule for everything. I am running 3 nozzles but the back middle one is a dual so 4 total nozzle heads. I get pretty good coverage having them extended this way. I use 8 inch mist king tube to extend them out.

UVB on 7:30am / off 6:30
1st daylight on 8am / off 4:30pm
2nd daylight on 8:30am/off 5:30pm

Heat lamp on 9am / off 4pm

Misting:
8:00am - 2 minutes
8:30am - 2 minutes
4:30pm - 3 minutes
5:30pm - 2 minutes

Fogging:
12am - 5am

This is my current Schedule for everything. I am running 3 nozzles but the back middle one is a dual so 4 total nozzle heads. I get pretty good coverage having them extended this way. I use 8 inch mist king tube to extend them out.

UVB on 7:30am / off 6:30
1st daylight on 8am / off 4:30pm
2nd daylight on 8:30am/off 5:30pm

Heat lamp on 9am / off 4pm

Misting:
8:00am - 2 minutes
8:30am - 2 minutes
4:30pm - 3 minutes
5:30pm - 2 minutes

Fogging:
12am - 5am

Awesome. What are you fogging with. And where do you insert it into your dragon strand

Awesome. What are you fogging with. And where do you insert it into your dragon strand

I got this machine and retrofitted it for the cages... running a 3/4 inch pvc line on the top screen with T and L connectors for the fog to come out of. There are 4 total exit points on the line so it disperses pretty equally across the cage.

fogger.jpg

correct fogging line .jpg

Not at all. I use wet paper towels to spot clean when he goes. And I pull any leaves that he tears off from eating them when they fall. This is what his current one looks like. But you can pull the screen out easily to clean should you need to and I do this about every month or so. Currently wet vaccing this pan every other day. Will install the gravity drain on this one as well.

Here is a pic Jillian of the enclosure he is in now. I will be doing a total rework on the cage when I move him to the Large Atrium. The only thing about the easy drip pan is you can not put plants on the screen.

View attachment 270068

So for my setup I placed an item under the screen....in the drip pan. This way I can place my potted plant on top of the screen. It makes a little extra work when I need to remove the screen and clean it but I like having a few plants directly along the bottom of the atrium.

So for my setup I placed an item under the screen....in the drip pan. This way I can place my potted plant on top of the screen. It makes a little extra work when I need to remove the screen and clean it but I like having a few plants directly along the bottom of the atrium.
I thought about doing something like this with 4 foot aluminum flat 1 inch rods I have. Running them along the drip pan as there are multiple supports they could lay on under the screen. But I like to be able to lift the screen and deep clean the pan once a month so I tossed that Idea out. Trying to strategically place branches and supports for pots was interesting in this larger cage. Took me a day to lay it all in and get it right lol.

Back
Top Bottom