New Dragon Strand Hybrid Large Atrium for my Beman <3

It was a 3 hour excursion to 3 different stores today to get stuff for the fogger "curtain" I am going to make and the gravity drain. Spent the last 2 hours working on the gravity drain, attaching my heat light bracket with fixture, and installing my mistking nozzles and lines.

I have learned a lot since the first cage and I am really wanting it to all look clean and done right. Not wanting the rattling mistking line this time around either.

So here is the gravity drain. Which by the way was the most stressful thing I have done. I was sure I was going to drill into the wrong place in the pan and end up with a disaster.

View attachment 270025 View attachment 270026

Here is how I have set up my heat lamp. Able to angle it and lift off the screen. Bought this Exo Terra Lamp Holder to attach to the cage with screws.

View attachment 270027 View attachment 270028

And here is what it looks like from above. I am doing my misting nozzles very differently from the way we normally do them. Talked to someone at mistking about how I wanted it and they gave me the fix for it. I have taken apart the nozzle and run a 7 inch space of mistking tube between the two L's of the nozzle. Then use a tiny zip tie to hook the nozzle portion that is extended attaching it to the top screen.

This gives me the ability to not spray my top panel or lights and not waste water spraying the walls. This will give me a full 360 degree spraying down toward the plants. I have tested this on Beman's current enclosure the last few weeks and it works perfectly.

View attachment 270029
This is a fantastic idea. I will definitely be redesigning my mist king nozzles based on this. Thank you!

Ok so this is my reworked fogging pipes.... I used T and L connectors. These are 3/4 of an inch pieces. 4 outputs on the Large atrium and then I will have 2 on the Medium Tall atrium after I rework it. This runs along the top of the enclosure and I have two zip ties securing it in place hooked to the middle mistking nozzle.
Lights hopefully will be here tomorrow. Even paid extra for Fed ex delivery... waste of $24.

View attachment 270466 View attachment 270465

View attachment 270463 View attachment 270464
Thank you for another great idea for my fogger. If you keep the sections short and don’t glue them together, it would be simple to have to more than one set of PVC tubes and replace the PVC for easy cleaning and disinfecting. I’ve read about some of the concerns of infectious disease using a fogging systems, and being able to easily exchange the tubing would make frequent disinfection much more feasible
I’ve always found the key to keeping up with any maintenance task is making it simple

Thank you for another great idea for my fogger. If you keep the sections short and don’t glue them together, it would be simple to have to more than one set of PVC tubes and replace the PVC for easy cleaning and disinfecting. I’ve read about some of the concerns of infectious disease using a fogging systems, and being able to easily exchange the tubing would make frequent disinfection much more feasible
I’ve always found the key to keeping up with any maintenance task is making it simple
I did not glue any of the pvc pieces together. All push on and pull off for cleaning. But yes you could totally have a secondary set to rotate if you want.

Well lights are delayed... Now it says delivery for tomorrow. I woke up at 3am hearing water so but was too out of it to check. Running a 5 hour test on the fogger in the cage to make sure that the condensation from the fog on the screen is not building up and blocking the flow. I am thinking that is what I heard last night was the water in the PVC line but like I said I was totally out of it when I woke up. Hoping I do not have to rethink this again. :banghead:

Fogging line fixed.. Angled at more of a 45 degree angle now. Still builds condensation on the screen but the fog rolls around the water. Ran a 5 hour test today and no water back up issue.

Note: I do not do well on a budget. Mine has been blown to heck. Spent another $60 today getting extension cords for the new T5's and other odds and ends for the redo of the other cage.

correct fogging line .jpg

That looks great! Lucky Beman! :love:
It looks AMAZING!

You did a wonderful job! Beman is a very lucky chameleon! :love:
Looks great
Who wouldn't be? Unpack his little chamy chamo bags & move right in, did he? :LOL:
Hope your others don't get jealous! :p
Wow! That is amazing! It looks fantastic! That is really an enclosure to be proud of!
Thank you! I am pretty proud of myself. It turned out to be everything I had hoped. I sat there last night for almost two hours just watching Beman. It will take him a bit to settle in and learn the pathways but he did not have stress colors on so that was good.

No... So if your playing where's Beman with those pics its going to be an endless task :hilarious:
Here he is this morning. First T5 has kicked on. I have them all set in a gradual lights on and lights off.

View attachment 270705
I did for a moment, until I saw where he was in pic 3 and referenced that to 1 and 2 and did not see him...then I just asked instead of wasting my time ?

Im loving the new enclosure. All Beman needs now is a lady living next door. Are you sure no female for you?? ?
Just joking.

I did for a moment, until I saw where he was in pic 3 and referenced that to 1 and 2 and did not see him...then I just asked instead of wasting my time ?

Im loving the new enclosure. All Beman needs now is a lady living next door. Are you sure no female for you?? ?
Just joking.
The Cham gods have decided male baby Veiled :hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom