New Dragon Strand Hybrid Large Atrium for my Beman <3

Ok so I don't think I totally understand the question... But I have no mist going out the front or the top with how I have the nozzles set up. Nothing wasted spraying on the side walls either.
Lol yeah i did think this looks long winded. Yeah wanted to know if the nozzle set up is top stop it spraying out front or for a different reason thanks though. Just cant decide where to put my single nozzle think ill just put it in front facing back.

Lol yeah i did think this looks long winded. Yeah wanted to know if the nozzle set up is top stop it spraying out front or for a different reason thanks though. Just cant decide where to put my single nozzle think ill just put it in front facing back.
I did it because I was tired of losing half my water on the walls, then spraying out the front if it was on a side, and of course depending on the angle spraying the lighting above. I love this because it is like a real rain shower and because of the placement all my plants get coverage without waste or overspray.

If you do this though think about where your lighting is. I would not have the tubes cross under lights. The heat will then heat the tubes... Not sure but I would imagine that would open risk for bacterial growth in the line. If your doing a basking lamp in a back corner... Maybe put it in the back like a third of the way in and extend it with a 7inch piece of tube. This will keep it off the back wall and nothing will come out the front.

I did it because I was tired of losing half my water on the walls, then spraying out the front if it was on a side, and of course depending on the angle spraying the lighting above. I love this because it is like a real rain shower and because of the placement all my plants get coverage without waste or overspray.

If you do this though think about where your lighting is. I would not have the tubes cross under lights. The heat will then heat the tubes... Not sure but I would imagine that would open risk for bacterial growth in the line. If your doing a basking lamp in a back corner... Maybe put it in the back like a third of the way in and extend it with a 7inch piece of tube. This will keep it off the back wall and nothing will come out the front.
Got basking in front corner jungle dawn in middle and uv along back quarter way in. Might just put nozzle in front facing back so its easier to get at too

I'm wondering the same things. In a double-sized enclosure like the DS Lg Hybrid, I'd like to get away with one nozzle at the top center of each "bay", spraying straight down (like... y'know... rain would do). Anybody know the spray radius of a MistKing nozzle pointed straight down? :unsure:

So this is the new design Bill Strand has put out. There are a few options if you would rather have the side panels be done in screen. With or without drip pan etc.

I got the Hybrid with drip Pan. For my needs I wanted solid back and sides. Exact dimensions of the cage are 46.75″ x 23″ x 48″ https://dragonstrand.com/

Soooooo boxed beautifully as always. Fed ex could not damage this box if it tried. Packaged inside just perfectly. Highly recommend bowls for organizing all your pieces and keep the baggy with the bowl. Do not over screw anything!!!!!

View attachment 269931 View attachment 269932 View attachment 269934

Drip Pan is Massive!!!!!!!

View attachment 269930

I have not added the doors or the middle panel or service panel... I also have a drop in screen that sits on top of the tray. That is out currently. Once I have branches added, pots placed, and plants dropped in I will add these pieces. I just did not want to risk tearing through the screen of these pieces.

View attachment 269933

Hey there. Mine is being shipped in mid October to Canada. I ordered the Large hybrid Atrium with 3 white walls and acrylic doors and drip tray. It has a screened part above the service door for chimney effect air circulation. CAN’T WAIT???. Do you have a pic of the final set up? Would love to see it?

Hey there. Mine is being shipped in mid October to Canada. I ordered the Large hybrid Atrium with 3 white walls and acrylic doors and drip tray. It has a screened part above the service door for chimney effect air circulation. CAN’T WAIT???. Do you have a pic of the final set up? Would love to see it?
Wow that is going to be some intense shipping fees lol. Congrats it is a beautiful enclosure.

My 2x2x4 I just got is the acrylic door version. I have been extremely happy with how well it stabilizes temps and humidity. I am currently replacing the doors on my other two enclosures to clear vinyl to create the same effect. I have to do the large atrium today.

Here are some pics of my enclosures the large atrium is in there. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/albums/my-enclosures.6672/

Here is one I just took of all three... The atrium your getting is the one on the right

IMG_5361.jpg

WOW!! Thanks so much for sharing those pics. And for sharing your feedback on the acrylic door version. I’m just busting at the seams to get this awesome enclosure. And, yes, crazy shipping fees but “ya wanna play; ya gotta pay”. my boy, boy, Ricki’s, current set up Is 48x19x48, all glass with a false bottom drainage layer that has now sprung a leak. I took out one of the glass doors and gorilla taped screen over the opening to get better circulation?. Thanks again.

WOW!! Thanks so much for sharing those pics. And for sharing your feedback on the acrylic door version. I’m just busting at the seams to get this awesome enclosure. And, yes, crazy shipping fees but “ya wanna play; ya gotta pay”. my boy, boy, Ricki’s, current set up Is 48x19x48, all glass with a false bottom drainage layer that has now sprung a leak. I took out one of the glass doors and gorilla taped screen over the opening to get better circulation?. Thanks again.
Your welcome. It is an amazing enclosure. You will not be disappointed.

ive been reading through this entire post and have learned SO much. Of course I’ve studied Bill‘s online build repeatedly and this string has just reinforced and enhanced that!!?

ive been reading through this entire post and have learned SO much. Of course I’ve studied Bill‘s online build repeatedly and this string has just reinforced and enhanced that!!?
Good I am glad, that is why I do these threads... I have three of his enclosures... It was a major learning curve for me when I started out with chameleons almost 2 years ago. Bill did not have the same resources on building out the enclosures that he does now. So my first 6 months was all trial and error and major changes lol. This was my very first build thread and you will see I made a lot of mistakes. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-dragon-strand-clear-side-aka-bemans-mansion.167884/
Took me awhile to really understand what they needed and how to provide it and how to fully utilize Bill's enclosures to perfection. Now almost 2 years later I am very happy with the look of my enclosures and what I use for them and the manor in which I use it but also I have learned a ton about how to set them up to fit the needs of my boys.

Back
Top Bottom