New Dragon Strand Hybrid Large Atrium for my Beman <3

LOL I have to go to the hardware store to get a few things for my gravity drains and pvc stuff for the fogging curtain I want to do on them both. I need to get the gravity drain installed, dried, and tested before I do too much to the cage. I am going to pull the cage down today though and install the bracing branches for the ledges and the mistking nozzles and tubing on top. Trying not to rush since I have to wait until next week for the t5 fixtures to get here. lol.

I Ordered the tall screen system, this is my first time using DS, I have a few birch branches that I am going to use for the support branches. How do you do yours? I’m going to try to tackle this today...

I Ordered the tall screen system, this is my first time using DS, I have a few birch branches that I am going to use for the support branches. How do you do yours? I’m going to try to tackle this today...
I run mine the way Bill recommends. You will be able to see it here in this post https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...rge-atrium-for-my-beman-3.176158/post-1578247

But I always use 2-3 vertically ledge to ledge. I use zipties to hook them in. Making an X with the tie one at a right angle around the branch and ledge then one at a left angle around the branch and ledge. This makes it so that they will not move at all. These are my bracing branches. I also lay them in so that I can attach my pots on the side to them. You want the pots right up against them so that you can zip tie them in. I do a bracing branch below the pots horizontally for extra support as well. I do all these branches before I lay in the rest. being mindful that you may have to slip a plant in somewhere while you go so that you do not block the area with branches.

Here is my tall in hybrid format but it will be similar to how you need to add your verticals. I have three verticals on the left, 2 on the right, and one connecting the back ledges for more anchor spots. This way I was able to put one plant high back left one low front left and then one on the right.

FYI keep in mind on your screen one you will be placing your ledges. I recommend 10 inches down from the top and 10 inches up from the bottom. This will make your basking level almost an exact 9 inches down which works perfectly with a single bulb T5HO fixture and a 5.0 or 6% uvb bulb and will give you a 3 UVI at basking below the fixture. :)

This link helped me a lot when I first started https://dragonstrand.com/getting-the-most-from-your-dragon-strand-dragon-ledges/

And make sure you lay out the cage with top outside panels so you can attach the ledges prior to putting the enclosure together. Read through the directions a few times :)

Attachments

• IMG_5321.jpg
    IMG_5321.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5319.JPG
    IMG_5319.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 89
I run mine the way Bill recommends. You will be able to see it here in this post https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...rge-atrium-for-my-beman-3.176158/post-1578247

But I always use 2-3 vertically ledge to ledge. I use zipties to hook them in. Making an X with the tie one at a right angle around the branch and ledge then one at a left angle around the branch and ledge. This makes it so that they will not move at all. These are my bracing branches. I also lay them in so that I can attach my pots on the side to them. You want the pots right up against them so that you can zip tie them in. I do a bracing branch below the pots horizontally for extra support as well. I do all these branches before I lay in the rest. being mindful that you may have to slip a plant in somewhere while you go so that you do not block the area with branches.

Here is my tall in hybrid format but it will be similar to how you need to add your verticals. I have three verticals on the left, 2 on the right, and one connecting the back ledges for more anchor spots. This way I was able to put one plant high back left one low front left and then one on the right.

FYI keep in mind on your screen one you will be placing your ledges. I recommend 10 inches down from the top and 10 inches up from the bottom. This will make your basking level almost an exact 9 inches down which works perfectly with a single bulb T5HO fixture and a 5.0 or 6% uvb bulb and will give you a 3 UVI at basking below the fixture. :)

This link helped me a lot when I first started https://dragonstrand.com/getting-the-most-from-your-dragon-strand-dragon-ledges/

And make sure you lay out the cage with top outside panels so you can attach the ledges prior to putting the enclosure together. Read through the directions a few times :)

Thank you!

I’m so excited about this cage

I can tell banjo wants out of the one he is in now, I really want to switch him over but I need to re pot my umbrella plant. And the organic soil for my other plants won’t be here until Friday..

Should I wait until I can actually put my plants in or should I set up the cage with the support branches and everything ready to go and put the plants in later this week?

I feel like he’s itching to get out of his smaller cage ....

Thank you!

I can tell banjo wants out of the one he is in now, I really want to switch him over but I need to re pot my umbrella plant. And the organic soil for my other plants won’t be here until Friday..

Should I wait until I can actually put my plants in or should I set up the cage with the support branches and everything ready to go and put the plants in later this week?

Once it's all setup will you post pictures? :)

Thank you!

It will be a big change for him moving cages so wait to put him in until you have this one totally set up. Otherwise he will be going through stress all over again when you add the plants.

So I’ve installed the ledges.

Before I continue..

Are these too thin to be vertical support branches?

Attachments

• E2B2232C-E0AD-41C7-8A67-3A92E95B4F3C.jpeg
    E2B2232C-E0AD-41C7-8A67-3A92E95B4F3C.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
My jaw instantly dropped when I saw that enclosure.:love: If I could go back in time I would have done my enclosure completely different. I am actually in the middle of a project right now to make mine better. I didn't know about chameleon academy when I was doing research to get kiwi so I didn't really know what I was doing but its not bad. I had to show my mom because that made me so jealous and I was just like ''Bruhhhhhh''.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Beman

I am going to order a t5ho 5.0... currently using T8 10.0.

what length bulb would I need for this large cage? I noticed on joshes frogs they have options lol

@Beman

I am going to order a t5ho 5.0... currently using T8 10.0.

what length bulb would I need for this large cage? I noticed on joshes frogs they have options lol
For your Tall screen enclosure you want a 24 inch fixture and your bulbs will be 22 inches for it. If you have plants though you want lighting for them too. I use these... They come with the daylight bulbs and you can daisy chain them together or run them on separate timers. I run 3 total. 2 for plants and 1 for UVB.

https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html
They are out of the arcadia 6% but they have the 5.0 bulbs https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-5.0-uvb-t5-ho.html

Back
Top Bottom