New Dragon Strand Hybrid Large Atrium for my Beman <3

@Mrjamwin @Beman

Added a golden pothos and a smaller umbrella plant :)
I am so inspired! I plan to get the Dragon Strand system in a few months (debating between Hybrid vs. the mesh version with the PVC on the back wall only). Did you get your branches from outdoors? Love the branches and overall design. I know the pothos is a debate topic among many, but my cham has happily been chomping on his pothos, umbrella plant, and ficus.

I am so inspired! I plan to get the Dragon Strand system in a few months (debating between Hybrid vs. the mesh version with the PVC on the back wall only). Did you get your branches from outdoors? Love the branches and overall design. I know the pothos is a debate topic among many, but my cham has happily been chomping on his pothos, umbrella plant, and ficus.
This will give you more info on the hybrids. https://chameleonacademy.com/ep-169-keeping-chameleons-in-hybrid-cages/

No pictures today.. Honestly it was a very frustrating day. I got the front panels on and the doors. I love this cage but HATE the latches. They are really tight and I am only 5ft 4. So vertically challenged. I have to use a stool to get to the latch that hooks the top left door. There are 4 latches total on the doors, the one at the very top of the cage is the easiest but hardest to get to. The other three hook around this weird round thing. So a square latch catching on a round peg thing. And they are not the easiest to pop open or closed. So a bit frustrated with that.

Fog wall is a no go. I tried drilling holes so many different ways and sizes from small to a quarter inch. The water backs up on itself. Not sure how the heck others have gotten this to work without filling the pvc with water. Going to try a few more ideas before I throw the idea totally out.

So sorry for your frustration. I experienced so much of the same and then some, that I had to abandon the set up at one point. Everything was great until I installed the doors. The top latch was so tight that when it snapped shut, it bent the top frame and popped out the top right side screw!! When I tried to close the door latches the doors felt like they were going to cave into the enclosure and the top right side hinge starting pulling loose. It was a constant sequence of such events. When I willed myself to calm down enough, I sent an email to Bill and explained all in detail. Bill was excellent in resolving the issues but i won’t go into details. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE. Oh, and on top of all that frustration, my Mistking quit on me, my fogger just up and died,etc😤. Very long story so I’ll stop here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 117
Sorry I meant pvc pipe for fog curtain. I have a habistat fogger but really only works ok on full setting

So sorry for your frustration. I experienced so much of the same and then some, that I had to abandon the set up at one point. Everything was great until I installed the doors. The top latch was so tight that when it snapped shut, it bent the top frame and popped out the top right side screw!! When I tried to close the door latches the doors felt like they were going to cave into the enclosure and the top right side hinge starting pulling loose. It was a constant sequence of such events. When I willed myself to calm down enough, I sent an email to Bill and explained all in detail. Bill was excellent in resolving the issues but i won’t go into details. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE. Oh, and on top of all that frustration, my Mistking quit on me, my fogger just up and died,etc😤. Very long story so I’ll stop here.
Within about 2 weeks all my latches became very easy to use. Thank goodness. I did not have the trouble you had though. And yes Bill is fantastic and has always been amazing when it comes to customer service.

What kind of water do you use?

Within about 2 weeks all my latches became very easy to use. Thank goodness. I did not have the trouble you had though. And yes Bill is fantastic and has always been amazing when it comes to customer service.

What kind of water do you use?
I use distilled water.

Yes 👍. I had the issue with water running back with the repti fogger when attached to the multiport nightmare. Anyway I'm going to try half inch pvc with 1 eight of an inch holes. The habistat is good with water capacity but not as powerful as the repti fogger in my opinion

This is my current Schedule for everything. I am running 3 nozzles but the back middle one is a dual so 4 total nozzle heads. I get pretty good coverage having them extended this way. I use 8 inch mist king tube to extend them out.

UVB on 7:30am / off 6:30
1st daylight on 8am / off 4:30pm
2nd daylight on 8:30am/off 5:30pm

Heat lamp on 9am / off 4pm

Misting:
8:00am - 2 minutes
8:30am - 2 minutes
4:30pm - 3 minutes
5:30pm - 2 minutes

Fogging:
12am - 5am
Howdy. I’m debating whether to run the Mistking during the day or night. I see you’re misting during the day. Would you mind sharing with me why you chose to mist during the day? That would certainly help me decide. Thanks.

Howdy. I’m debating whether to run the Mistking during the day or night. I see you’re misting during the day. Would you mind sharing with me why you chose to mist during the day? That would certainly help me decide. Thanks.
I mist around the clock, but a little more at night than day.
My daytime RH is spot on; nighttime could stand to be a tad higher, so I'm going to try misting once more at night. Each misting is 2 minutes.
Current Schedule:
6 am
12 noon
6 pm
-----------
10 pm
2 am

Changing to:
6 am
12 noon
6 pm
-----------