New Dragon Strand Hybrid Large Atrium for my Beman <3

I mist around the clock, but a little more at night than day.
My daytime RH is spot on; nighttime could stand to be a tad higher, so I'm going to try misting once more at night. Each misting is 2 minutes.
Current Schedule:
6 am
12 noon
6 pm
-----------
10 pm
2 am

Changing to:
6 am
12 noon
6 pm
-----------
9 pm
12 midnight
3 am

Thanks very much! I’m going follow your lead. 👍. Also going to do your Fog Wall but no one in Ottawa (Canada) seems to have the fittings in stock right now. Oh well, I’d rather shop for these in person so just a delay. HAPPY NEW YEAR🥳🥳🎉🎉. Hoping you and yours have a stellar 2021!

Howdy. I’m debating whether to run the Mistking during the day or night. I see you’re misting during the day. Would you mind sharing with me why you chose to mist during the day? That would certainly help me decide. Thanks.
So I am misting prior to heat lamp being on and well after it goes off... So I mist when the cage is cooler. I also do not run a dripper so I want them to be awake when the misting is actually happening. Your misting schedule is going to depend on your species and your environment.

I have switched up my misting schedule quite a bit to accommodate for my very high day time humidity levels.

So basically you will see keeper to keeper that it really varies. But most do not mist mid day because you create hot moist air due to the cage being hotter.

So sorry for your frustration. I experienced so much of the same and then some, that I had to abandon the set up at one point. Everything was great until I installed the doors. The top latch was so tight that when it snapped shut, it bent the top frame and popped out the top right side screw!! When I tried to close the door latches the doors felt like they were going to cave into the enclosure and the top right side hinge starting pulling loose. It was a constant sequence of such events. When I willed myself to calm down enough, I sent an email to Bill and explained all in detail. Bill was excellent in resolving the issues but i won’t go into details. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE. Oh, and on top of all that frustration, my Mistking quit on me, my fogger just up and died,etc😤. Very long story so I’ll stop here.
Can you post a pic of your cham? I have got to see that casque better...it looks amazing!

So I am misting prior to heat lamp being on and well after it goes off... So I mist when the cage is cooler. I also do not run a dripper so I want them to be awake when the misting is actually happening. Your misting schedule is going to depend on your species and your environment.

I have switched up my misting schedule quite a bit to accommodate for my very high day time humidity levels.

So basically you will see keeper to keeper that it really varies. But most do not mist mid day because you create hot moist air due to the cage being hotter.
Duly noted. I have a male veiled and I’ll adjust as needed. Very dry here in Canada this time of year. So I understand day RH should be 30-50% and night RH should be 75-90% with extra ventilation at night. I have 2 small computer fans to pull air out the top screen at night. Sound about right? Thanks for your feedback. I very much appreciate it😊

Duly noted. I have a male veiled and I’ll adjust as needed. Very dry here in Canada this time of year. So I understand day RH should be 30-50% and night RH should be 75-90% with extra ventilation at night. I have 2 small computer fans to pull air out the top screen at night. Sound about right? Thanks for your feedback. I very much appreciate it😊
Yes your correct on levels. So it is taking what they need and applying it to your environment and the enclosure you have them in. This is why I do not believe in a 1 size fits all approach. I have been in the hobby for a little over 2 years now. I have found that almost everything in the hobby should be customized to your set up and where you live. If I were to do what others do and mist constantly with my high humidity levels I would have significant issues because my cages would never dry out. opening up to risk for the boys developing an RI. So it becomes a situation where you take what they need to be healthy and make your cage/environment fit that.

You can fog at night but you have to make sure the air is moving... That it is not just stagnant. I do run an oscillating fan in front of my hybrids every evening to move air while my humidity levels start to shoot up above 80% and then during the day because I still have extremely high humidity levels I run a dehumidifier in the room.

Even what I do has changed as I have gotten these enclosures to make sure that what I provide with my ambient natural humidity is what they need. :)

Yes your correct on levels. So it is taking what they need and applying it to your environment and the enclosure you have them in. This is why I do not believe in a 1 size fits all approach. I have been in the hobby for a little over 2 years now. I have found that almost everything in the hobby should be customized to your set up and where you live. If I were to do what others do and mist constantly with my high humidity levels I would have significant issues because my cages would never dry out. opening up to risk for the boys developing an RI. So it becomes a situation where you take what they need to be healthy and make your cage/environment fit that.

You can fog at night but you have to make sure the air is moving... That it is not just stagnant. I do run an oscillating fan in front of my hybrids every evening to move air while my humidity levels start to shoot up above 80% and then during the day because I still have extremely high humidity levels I run a dehumidifier in the room.

Even what I do has changed as I have gotten these enclosures to make sure that what I provide with my ambient natural humidity is what they

need. :)

I mist around the clock, but a little more at night than day.
My daytime RH is spot on; nighttime could stand to be a tad higher, so I'm going to try misting once more at night. Each misting is 2 minutes.
Current Schedule:
6 am
12 noon
6 pm
-----------
10 pm
2 am

Changing to:
6 am
12 noon
6 pm
-----------
9 pm
12 midnight
3 am
Do you use a double nozzle or single for your MK?

Thanks very much! I’m going follow your lead. 👍. Also going to do your Fog Wall but no one in Ottawa (Canada) seems to have the fittings in stock right now. Oh well, I’d rather shop for these in person so just a delay. HAPPY NEW YEAR🥳🥳🎉🎉. Hoping you and yours have a stellar 2021!
Some confusion—I don't use a fog wall. Trying to avoid that whole thing by misting more at night.
You may be able to find the fittings you need at a hydroponic supply. I find several on google in the Ottawa area.

I have 2 small computer fans to pull air out the top screen at night. Sound about right?
I would start with just one fan and see how it goes. If you can, check the cfm for the fan(s). IME, those things pull a LOT of air, tiny as they are. I have one on my beardie box, (60" x 24" x 36"H) and it can move the whole volume in one minute.

Do you use a double nozzle or single for your MK?
I have 3 single nozzles misting a double-wide (48") hybrid enclosure—one in the middle front and one at each end front. Playing around with aiming them determined this was sufficient—they still move a lot of water in 2 min. Everything gets a good soaking, and it usually takes 3 hrs or more to completely dry out. This will vary depending on ambient RH, temps, plants, & other variables.

Some confusion—I don't use a fog wall. Trying to avoid that whole thing by misting more at night.
You may be able to find the fittings you need at a hydroponic supply. I find several on google in the Ottawa area.
Thanks!! This is the first forum I’ve joined and I’m still trying to figure things out!! Yes, that reference to the fog wall was meant for Beman. Regarding fittings...since we are in lock down here, I’ll hold off on the fog wall until things reopen.

Can you post a pic of your cham? I have got to see that casque better...it looks amazing!
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom