My First Dart Frog View Vivaria!!!

Very cool! :) Congrats on your new friend...addiction...:D.
I think I am going to breed Dart Frogs!
Mr. Froggy, I presume?
I had a frog named Mr. Froggy, but he passed away. :(
Frogs always seem to me too hard to keep. The wrong water and poof they drop dead. Would just have me paranoid.
I just use RO water, or purified.
It's gorgeous!
Thank you! There are actually 2 frogs!

Oh, guess I should read ALL the comments before posting :rolleyes:... Did not notice they were different from the pics...
The one with more yellow is very active. The one with more black is kind of lazy, not concerning lazy, like ill, just not as hyper, lol.

How do you sex dart frogs?? They're cute and the setup looks great!

I'm not an expert, but I think the females generally will have more of an arch on their backs and can be wider-bodied as well. Some males will have larger toe pads on their front feet as well. As usual, it varies by type of frog...

@Decadancin ....thanks! The only frogs I've seen a lot of are leopard frogs and I never tried to sex them...I was young then and didn't care...I just wanted to catch any frogs I could then! I did have a pair of waxy monkey tree frogs once and size was one thing I was told to look at for them. See...I learned something new today already! :)

Sounds perfect Decadancin and ideal trio with one female, females together can kill eachother I believe, i was lucky to get two males and a female with my sipalawini trio so I was very happy. Leucomelas can live happily as a mixed sex group though.

Lol, sorry sipaliwini! ( dendrobates tinctorius morph) Spell check!
Leucomelas are the black and yellow ’bumblebee’ darts, they are great! Darts are way too addictive!
Check out the thumbnail darts! Tiny but exquisite! Oh.. don’t get me started! :LOL:

@Decadancin I've always liked the tiny frogs! Just was always afraid of killing them and I still am....except for waxy monkeys.

Apparently I'm more blind than I thought too...missed the name of the frogs beside the photo. Guess I should broaden my line of sight off the frogs and onto the whole screen!

@CJ's Exotics , we may just have hooked @kinyonga at the same time :D. (I'm already hooked, but don't have the set up done yet.)
I'm working on a new setup right now, I'm just taking a break to check the forums! I will post a pick in maybe an hour or 2 when the new updated version is finished! New addictions aren't bad @kinyonga, frogs are awesome! (I wasn't satisfied with the other one)

Back
Top Bottom