My First Dart Frog View Vivaria!!!

CJ's Exotics

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello! I have created my first Dart Frog vivarium, and I hope you enjoy! Constructive criticism is welcomed, as this is my first. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    336.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    337.9 KB · Views: 204
Have you decided on a type of Dart?
I love pretty much all of the auratus. The anthonyi are pretty neat, but love streams, and I want to experiment right now. I love the tinctorius "Powder Grey", but they are territorial, and I plan on having a pair. Leucomelas are nice too. So I guess I have 2 main options, unless I pay more for some red galactonotus.

I can not confirm or deny any of the information enclosed in this thread. I will only say that you should be aware of the negative influence of the Dart Community and their terrible reckless posts of amazing pictures and vivarium builds. They are a tough crowd...
At least I will be able to practice my natural construction skills for the chameleons! Don't worry, I will keep an eye on the dart frog community.

Hi there, looking good, from purely personal experience I find my tincs like a flat area, like a stone or piece of wood to congregate, I had another long term frog keeper tell me his did this too, he said they seem to like an open space and spend a lot of time sitting and looking, coconut hides are good too and they enjoy sitting on top on top of them too. I also give mine a shallow dish of water, they are misted obviously but they like to opportunity to have a dip, even if only a centimetre or two deep. Mine also have bromeliads, they love to sit on the leaves or inside.
Good to keep only one species per viv too.
Good luck, my sipalawini tincs are beautiful creatures and fascinating to watch.

Hi there, looking good, from purely personal experience I find my tincs like a flat area, like a stone or piece of wood to congregate, I had another long term frog keeper tell me his did this too, he said they seem to like an open space and spend a lot of time sitting and looking, coconut hides are good too and they enjoy sitting on top on top of them too. I also give mine a shallow dish of water, they are misted obviously but they like to opportunity to have a dip, even if only a centimetre or two deep. Mine also have bromeliads, they love to sit on the leaves or inside.
Good to keep only one species per viv too.
Good luck, my sipalawini tincs are beautiful creatures and fascinating to watch.
If I can find a reasonably priced pair of "Powder Grey" tinc's, I would go crazy!

Back
Top Bottom