My Bioactive Enclosure Build (Panther chameleon)

I read something about moss milkshakes awhile back but was confused on how it works. Let me know how it goes then maybe I’ll try it out

Will do! Should be interesting. I guess it's kind of like separating moss into smaller clumps to propagate it, except you're turning it into spreadable moss-particle-and-nutrient slurry instead. :unsure:

LOL I bet you confused a lot of people hauling your bark on a bike!

I definitely caught a couple looks, haha! :ROFLMAO:

Will do! Should be interesting. I guess it's kind of like separating moss into smaller clumps to propagate it, except you're turning it into spreadable moss-particle-and-nutrient slurry instead. :unsure:

I definitely caught a couple looks, haha! :ROFLMAO:
When I watched a video on how to make it I was thinking :unsure: “can I lick the cup clean after?” I’m clearly lacking nutrients if my brain is thinking these things

I gave each of my isopod colonies a small pinky mouse, and they're absolutely loving it! The springtails are multiplying like crazy, and though I've yet to see any baby isopods they seem to be trucking along. It's interesting to me that only 1 of the colonies (a. Vulgaris) is growing a strong spring tail population when both colonies have the same parameters, same leaf litter source, etc. I wonder if the o. Asellus culture is simply outcompeting the springtails? :unsure: I'll try giving that culture a little extra food to compensate and give them some more fresh leaf litter/spring tail seeded material.

I'm back to waffling over whether or not I want to attempt a waterfall... I might just make it difficult/impossible to access so it isn't a regular source of water. I don't know... we'll see where my creativity leads me!

I was wondering if you could feed the isopods pinkies nice to know you can. I’m out buys some right now.

For me, some will eat them some won't. Some devour a pinky rat in two days for me lol. But, from what I've been able to tell with all of my colonies, it really depends what else they have available to them at the time. I grind this into a powder and make a paste with it. All of my colonies ignored their last rat to the point of letting it liquefy and letting the springtails have it :eek:.

Screenshot_2019-05-10-17-35-55.png

Frozen but now I’m hearing I would have a better chance if it’s alive. She just looking at it like what do you want me to do. My male would devour it

:ROFLMAO: I thought you got it for your isopods. If it's frozen put it in a cup of warm water for a bit to thaw. Then manually "wiggle" it a little to draw the chams attention. Not all chams will eat it anyway though, about half my collection refuses them even alive.

Back
Top Bottom