My Bioactive Enclosure Build (Panther chameleon)

They are having a meeting. She better not be having a dead mouse move into her cage now with that moth
DCC02EC3-7B70-4173-B32B-009ACCFDDFFB.jpeg

For me, some will eat them some won't. Some devour a pinky rat in two days for me lol. But, from what I've been able to tell with all of my colonies, it really depends what else they have available to them at the time. I grind this into a powder and make a paste with it. All of my colonies ignored their last rat to the point of letting it liquefy and letting the springtails have it :eek:.

View attachment 231841

Lol yep - Lily was interested in hers, but I did end up just popping it in her mouth. She loved it as soon as crunched it haha!

The springtails and soil mites definitely love the pinkies, and my detrivorous millipedes and red wigglers are chowing down too. The actual isopods seem a bit more indifferent, though! Oh well - the rest of the CuC seems pleased.

Lol yep - Lily was interested in hers, but I did end up just popping it in her mouth. She loved it as soon as crunched it haha!

The springtails and soil mites definitely love the pinkies, and my detrivorous millipedes and red wigglers are chowing down too. The actual isopods seem a bit more indifferent, though! Oh well - the rest of the CuC seems pleased.
Do snails eat them since they also like protein ?

I’m about to buy isopods. Can I use purple dwarfs?? I think I read I can. I wanted white dwarfs but they are all out on the site I’m ordering from

I’m about to buy isopods. Can I use purple dwarfs?? I think I read I can. I wanted white dwarfs but they are all out on the site I’m ordering from

White and purple dwarves are about equivalent from my understanding. :) I'm cheaping out and using local varieties haha!

White and purple dwarves are about equivalent from my understanding. :) I'm cheaping out and using local varieties haha!
What about giant Canyon ? Are they good? I read the white breed fast witch is why I wanted those ones. I would cheap out and do that but I’m also lazy and would likely lay under a canopy of tress then dig around once I get to my destination :cool: with a bowl of green

What about giant Canyon ? Are they good? I read the white breed fast witch is why I wanted those ones. I would cheap out and do that but I’m also lazy and would likely lay under a canopy of tress then dig around once I get to my destination :cool: with a bowl of green

Haha I hear you! I've become quitethe forager myself, though only when it's cooler out. If it's warm, i also tend to lie down!

I've heard nothing but good things about Giant Canyons... they were my first choice for isopods, but I was having a hard time finding a Canadian supplier so I went and dug up locals! They're slower breeders than the dwarves, but much bigger and have good appetites. @jamest0o0 and @dshuld could tell you more about them. :)

Haha I hear you! I've become quitethe forager myself, though only when it's cooler out. If it's warm, i also tend to lie down!

I've heard nothing but good things about Giant Canyons... they were my first choice for isopods, but I was having a hard time finding a Canadian supplier so I went and dug up locals! They're slower breeders than the dwarves, but much bigger and have good appetites. @jamest0o0 and @dshuld could tell you more about them. :)
I mostly need the isopods in Larry’s cage not Imelda’s so I don’t need to many just want what will get the job done the best.

I've actually found myself stopping when I see them crossing the sidewalk and moving them to the other side so they're not stepped on. :oops::ROFLMAO:
Too funny, on weekend I was moving a bunch of wood from an old I tree chopped down a couple years ago. Found a bunch of 'em, didnt' have the heart to kill em, so I gave em one log to live under, rest is firewood. Never thought they served any purpose till now. lol

Too funny, on weekend I was moving a bunch of wood from an old I tree chopped down a couple years ago. Found a bunch of 'em, didnt' have the heart to kill em, so I gave em one log to live under, rest is firewood. Never thought they served any purpose till now. lol

You have been converted! :ROFLMAO: I always make sure not to harvest too much bark/leaf litter/etc from one area, so all the little critters still have homes. Everything serves a purpose in the end! :) Except for mosquitoes. You can tell me all you like that they're an important part of the food chain... I still don't like em!

Back
Top Bottom