I took one of those shots yesterday! My flowers are blood red..and doing well despite all this stupid torrential downpour!!

Thats a beautiful shot and a beautiful plant.:) Thanks so much!

these are some shots i took acouple days ago

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 218
Geranium

Here's a lovely pink geranium that we bought to plant in the garden! It's such a beautiful colour!

Attachments

• Geranium.jpg
    Geranium.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 195
Here is one of my rose.. I found it (winkwink). Its the biggest rose I have ever seen!!! I am not one for roses normally but this one is fragrant too..
Picture153.jpg

Wouldnt that make sure a lovely Thinking of you ecard picture? :)

Wow... Nice shots everyone! What a cool thread!

Here is one from the bush out on my patio... Wish I knew what this was called.
100_0341.jpg

Ah..someone has a fancy camera!! :p

Lol, Fancy Chams And fancy Cams? Lucky bloke. Fancy cam or no, Vertex, are you a proffessional photographer? There is more to your pics than a fancy cam with a macro setting or two, You have an eye for composition aswell. Any favorite subjects (besides chams ofcourse) ? :)

Ah..someone has a fancy camera!! :p

Xti can be a fancy camera :)

Lol, Fancy Chams And fancy Cams? Lucky bloke. Fancy cam or no, Vertex, are you a proffessional photographer? There is more to your pics than a fancy cam with a macro setting or two, You have an eye for composition aswell. Any favorite subjects (besides chams ofcourse) ? :)

I don't earn money from the photographs I take, so not a professional photographer. Most of the time, I don't even get to see the shot I wanted to take. Over few short years, I learned that when I spent the time to think about my subject, take a few photos, then think again about the light, angle and depth; I ended up with a photo that I wanted to keep more often. Unfortunately, it has taken me longer than I hoped to realize chams are more difficult subjects than flowers :p. So I guess I'm starting up with flowers as my next choice of subjects. Plus, I feel warm and fuzzy when I'm in the macro world. I guess I'll stay here for a while.

V

Cool Hobby mate! The chams shots rule! especially 'The Claw", that one still blows me away. Sounds to me like you love photography, take it to the limit! :)
P.s maybe you should approach a gallery, magazine, national geographic or something, your sure as hell alot closer to that than ill ever be. My favorite subject still appears to be my thumb, prefrably blurry! :D

What a good macro lens or fisheye? I want both but cant spend like an exuberant amount. I have NO clue how to work my camera.. I know how to change the shutter speed for lighting and thats it.. didnt come with a manual.

(rebel XT)

What a good macro lens or fisheye? I want both but cant spend like an exuberant amount. I have NO clue how to work my camera.. I know how to change the shutter speed for lighting and thats it.. didnt come with a manual.

(rebel XT)

Learn how to use what you have already Amanda, that kit lense is actually pretty good, and takes good pictures. Read the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson, wonderful reading. Do you have a zoom lens already? If you want a dedicated Macro lense the 100mm f2.8 canon lens is killer, then again its $500.:eek: Which in the world of lenses is actually not to bad. I'm going to buy a 24-70mm L ($1k) lens in the next month, I hope.:) It has become addicting, more then I expected...:rolleyes: .....go figure. Let me know if I can help.:)

-Jay

Thanks hun.
Uhm, I have 2 lenses 18-55 and another one a tad bigger.. but thats it.. I just know one helps further things become a tad bit closer.. Hubby gets all the awesome quip from work like the tripod and telescopic lenses..Army supplies that but I dont get to use it all the time unless he drag the huge case home..

I have a tutorial on basic camera functions..and hubby wants me to take a class but Ive been outta school so long I feel dumbed down.. even when he starts talking about aperture, I zone out..

Yes, photography is crazy addicting!! Im going back home next weekend and taking some pics of my moms pond and wild flowers so expect many pics soon after!

Back
Top Bottom