Milly is digging !!!

Mystic

We was wondering why Milly kept playing escapee out of her enclosure and free range. I placed her laybin in last night. We woke up to her digging. She is trying to lay eggs. Thank heavens, we been worried about her. :) I have been routinely checking her for signs of eggs, but nothing. Her colors been yellow,aqua blue and light green. Since her temps was kept at 80-81. She probably will have a small clutch. Gooo Milly !!!
MillyLaying_zps8fd229cc.jpg

You GO MILLY!! :)

As a side note, with the females I would keep a laying bin in her cage permanently so there is no worry for her to find a place if you are not aware she is carrying. I'm willing to bet she was a little stressed out not having a bin ready for her.

Keep us posted on the progress...it's so exciting when they lay!

Ty, Yeah. we removed her laybin so I could fix the shelf in her enclosure. So it could hold the weight better. I didn't want her and her plants coming down. Its fixed now and her laybin will be staying. I am monitoring her from a distance !

Hey everyone. Milly started digging at 8 am yesterday. She laid her eggs around noon and took all afternoon to cover them. She is still down in her laybin. She is laying over her covered eggs. She hasn't come up to her vines/plants yet. Do you guys think she is ok just laying there over her spot? She is awake. I am not sure if she is just resting or she is to weak to finish. I am really worried for her. Should I just go to sleep and see how she is in the morning or intervene? Worried mommy here !!!!

Put her back on her tree/vine/branch in a semi-warm location and offer her plenty of water. Get those eggs:)

Just give her extra attention for a couple of days and she will be fine.

she has never been with a male. Her eggs will be infertile.

She laid 58 infertile eggs. That is a large clutch to me. I thought her clutch would be small considering we have kept her on a balanced light diet and temps 80-81. She is now perched in her basking spot. We gave her a good misting and she ate a few large crickets and collard greens.

Back
Top Bottom