Zajlol

Does any one know where to purchase a millers chameleon? And if so tell me the web site and how much thanks!

you mean mellers??? flchams sells them wc and sometimes they have cb babies. but the cb's run for 300. best of luck also lllreptile has some for sale every now and then.

Whoops lol sry for the miss spelling lol and thanks!

See my response to your other post. Lots of reading and planning ahead before you buy a melleri! Plan on either free ranging or building a HUGE cage in a spare bedroom.

See my response to your other post. Lots of reading and planning ahead before you buy a melleri! Plan on either free ranging or building a HUGE cage in a spare bedroom.

Yahi have a huge cage that I have a veiled in right now I'm thinking about selling him I can't do anything with him he's really mean and disentangle want to be messed with and that cage I think is to big 4 him. But he's almost 3 years old! But Im reading and stuff. But I just love the meller because of it's size do u have a mother opinion of a Cham that is big and is easier to take care of?

Yahi have a huge cage that I have a veiled in right now I'm thinking about selling him I can't do anything with him he's really mean and disentangle want to be messed with and that cage I think is to big 4 him. But he's almost 3 years old! But Im reading and stuff. But I just love the meller because of it's size do u have a mother opinion of a Cham that is big and is easier to take care of?

A mellers IS NOT easier to care for than a veiled. It is much more involved and requires lots of space, not just the amount of space of a veiled cage. What size do you have the veiled in? Given where you live, you need to know that mellers like it cool and very humid (lots of drinking water, and misters + where you live I would think you would need a humidifer. Also it is not likely but you could get a mellers that is every bit as mean as the veiled you currently have. Most chameleons will not want to be messed with. It is only the occasional one that will allow you to pict it up very often. For the most part chameleons are a look but don't touch chameleon.

How big is this cage? I doubt any typical indoor cage could be "too big" for an adult veiled. He isn't likely to change his nature, so you may not find a buyer for a mean one. In terms of care, the veiled is probably the easiest, second would be the panther. Some people think the other "giant" sized species Oustaleti is easier than a melleri, but that's because they know the species well through experience. I don't happen to agree and would be very cautious. Almost all Oustaleti will be wildcaught. They can be just as hard to establish as a melleri and will also require a huge living space.

from what I read, everything just needs more. More water, more plants, more food! Doesn't seem too hard if you have a mistking setup, and a nice free range.

from what I read, everything just needs more. More water, more plants, more food! Doesn't seem too hard if you have a mistking setup, and a nice free range.

Right! Add more daily time too for maintenance. Just how much may surprise you. I spent a lot more time on my free range melleri than other species regardless of size.

Right! Add more daily time too for maintenance. Just how much may surprise you. I spent a lot more time on my free range melleri than other species regardless of size.

Me too! Even with the mister and lights on timers they seem to take up more time than my others. It's a large area to keep up. Not to mention I am always adding and maintaining the plants.

Lovely ladies its there a reason you two didn't warn me before Lenny took over his free range and all MY TIME??? First I will never get the darn thing finished and second, i am still not sure he eats, drinks, gets uvb, etc.:(:(:( I am getting older by the day.:eek:

Me too! Even with the mister and lights on timers they seem to take up more time than my others. It's a large area to keep up. Not to mention I am always adding and maintaining the plants.

if you want size and something easier to take care of without dealing with an additude i'd say go for an oustalate. but they get much bigger then mellers and tend to stay brown or tan. They really are gentle giants but they need the same size free range then a mellers also they eat alot and i mean alot almost 3-4 dollars a cricket a day as well i also feed him 2-3 anoles or house gecko's to a week so he can get his protien as well as calcium. but be weary and make sure you can afford such a giant sized cham. but you seem to have been doing your homework and no one will ever really know everything about them everybody has their tricks of the trade this is also a great site for great info for almost any cham.

Lovely ladies its there a reason you two didn't warn me before Lenny took over his free range and all MY TIME??? First I will never get the darn thing finished and second, i am still not sure he eats, drinks, gets uvb, etc.:(:(:( I am getting older by the day.:eek:

I'm sure he is doing fine! But you are right - you will never get it finished. There is always more to add! I am always expanding it with plants and vines and stuff - not to mention cleaning and maintaining it. It's like a garden - or a jungle!

I'm sure he is doing fine! But you are right - you will never get it finished. There is always more to add! I am always expanding it with plants and vines and stuff - not to mention cleaning and maintaining it. It's like a garden - or a jungle!

I even got a huge forest photo mural and mounted it on two walls of my free range room. I loved it, but noticed that one melleri insisted on climbing to one high branch to paw at the "view" of trees he could never reach.:(

My free range room had a wonderfully huge Ficus alli in the center that I got from a nursery for a mis-marked price. It was worth a lot more than I paid for it, but getting it home in one piece was hair raising. It grew to 8' tall and almost 7' across. Filled out the forest clump with overgrown schefflera, a hyacinth, two smaller Ficus, and a couple of those big fake silk trees from a garage sale. And, this was at 9200 ft elevation in the CO rockies.

I even got a huge forest photo mural and mounted it on two walls of my free range room. I loved it, but noticed that one melleri insisted on climbing to one high branch to paw at the "view" of trees he could never reach.:(

My free range room had a wonderfully huge Ficus alli in the center that I got from a nursery for a mis-marked price. It was worth a lot more than I paid for it, but getting it home in one piece was hair raising. It grew to 8' tall and almost 7' across. Filled out the forest clump with overgrown schefflera, a hyacinth, two smaller Ficus, and a couple of those big fake silk trees from a garage sale. And, this was at 9200 ft elevation in the CO rockies.

This sounds like what I am doing. I took my grandkids to Billings to the airport, and came home with a lovely 6' braided umbrella tree. Several small 2' & 3' one's came home also.:confused: I don't know how.

Cage size would depend on the size of the mellers you get... I have started small/young mellers out in 18x18x30 inch cages and moved them up cage sizes as they grew. A meller around the size of an adult male panther or veild would do ok in a 2x2x4 foot but you would need to be ready to move it into something at least twice that size as it grew larger. I have juvie mellers in 2x2x4s, my adults are in 4x4x2 and a 5x3x7. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom