Veiled Gender - Please Confirm

Swow

I recently purchased a veiled chameleon. It’s about a year and a half years old. I was told it is probably female, but it has not laid eggs at all. I took it to a vet. She said she couldn’t feel eggs but also could not tell me its gender.
IMG_8360.jpeg
I have a picture of the hind feet. Can anyone please help to confirm the gender? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5368.jpeg
    IMG_5368.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 9
Agree with gloriawood, girl. I’ve attached a male back foot for your comparison. What is your feeding schedule and temperature at basking? We have a husbandry form I can attach if you would like it reviewed to make sure your little girl is getting everything she needs correctly.

Welcome!!!

Attachments

• Tarsal spur1.jpg
    Tarsal spur1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to the the forum!

Can you please post some photos of all of her? If she’s not laying eggs, I hope it’s not because she’s developed follicular stasis or dystocia….but rather that her diet and temperatures were such that she “couldn’t” produce eggs.

Congrats! 🎊🎉 I hope you have a great time with your cham. Welcome to the forum! If you need any help just holler. What’s her name?
Here are some links if you need help with husbandry: Chameleon Academy ~ YouTube ~ Neptune The Chameleon ~ YouTube
Here are some links for food and supplies: Food ~ Food as well ~ Leap Supplies ~ Arcadia
And here is a link for some discounts: Neptune the Chameleon Discount
Enjoy your new chameleon!😊

It could take up to 2 weeks for a new chameleon to get settled into their new home. During that time you want to give your cham space, no handling, and you don’t really want them to see you just staring at them. You want them to have a good first impression in their new home. I did this with my cham and he has settled in perfectly. Here are 2 video links that you should watch for when you get your new chameleon: Chameleon Academy Neptune the Chameleon 💗

Back
Top Bottom