Melleri baby pipped, Megana&Hercules' 1st!

Incubation 123-128 days (eggs were laid over a 1 week period July 6-10). So, about 4 months exactly. Not certain about gestation since they began mating on March 22nd and mated off and on for 2 months.

Here's the little girl/guy. Not out of the egg yet, but it changed colors while I photographed so I know it's alive. Just pipped sometime during the night or early morning.

babies011.jpg

babies012.jpg

OMG - Sandy that's awesome!! (....and didn't I tell you that they were growing and that soon we would be seeing some life?? :D) I'm so happy for you - congratulations!!

(um.....put me down for a couple, please (I'm totally serious)).

The little one has a name already- Theseus (Hercules' friend in mythology).

Congratulations; your Meller's legacy continues! How many eggs were laid?

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Here is the link to her egg laying thread. https://www.chameleonforums.com/big-megana-laying-her-eggs-27336/ She died during the egg laying process. We only expect 14 hatchlings at the very most, out of about 60 eggs total. Right now I'm just hoping for this little one to completely emerge in the next few days. Will keep you guys updated.

OMG - Sandy that's awesome!! (....and didn't I tell you that they were growing and that soon we would be seeing some life?? :D) I'm so happy for you - congratulations!!

(um.....put me down for a couple, please (I'm totally serious)).

Yes, Julie, I think you had a feeling it would be soon, too!

Last edited:
How exciting for you!! Maybe I need to show the baby meller's pics to Dayo and Asmar to give them a hint to get cracking!! My little heart stings tugged when I saw your pics - I want baby Mellers too!

Sandy I am so happy for you both. Seeing the first little meller head must have been such a rush, fingers crossed for the rest. Oh yes I am building a meller free range, still have some work to do, currently it is about nine feet long and seven feet high. Any idea where I might purchase one in a few months

Back
Top Bottom