CLIMATE OF THE NATURAL HABITAT OF THE MIGHTY YEMEN CHAMELEON

Interesting, indirect I had same question in this thread, only not regarding UVB light and just the lighting cycle. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/skin-can-tell-if-its-day-or-night.182625/#post-1668821

Probably my question can be answered from field experience, pure out of curiosity.

This is funny, I´ve been branded to ask a question regarding this matter.
Because I´ve noticed they keep their 12h rhythm, also during the summer. My cham lives and sleeps in our very bright living room (free-range), with natural (sun)light coming in by sunrise and leaves with sunset. Meaning that it already stays light for more then 2 hours after her lights go out at 07:00pm, still she will go to sleep within 30 till 45 minutes after the lights go out, while it´s still very bright in the living room.
And I´m really, really curious if they behave the same in the wild or if they keep awake till after sunset?
the day in Yemen is not all year long 12 hours long as many assume. it fluctuates from 11:22 on the winter to 12:56 in the summer. the difference is 1,5 hour. the rhythm 12/12 is IMHO and based on my opinion OK, but if you want be rigorous and the technology allows, i would suggest to use different timing according to season

the day in Yemen is not all year long 12 hours long as many assume. it fluctuates from 11:22 on the winter to 12:56 in the summer. the difference is 1,5 hour. the rhythm 12/12 is IMHO and based on my opinion OK, but if you want be rigorous and the technology allows, i would suggest to use different timing according to season
Thank you very much for responding. Clear side of the story. Resumed, in the wild they go to sleep when it’s dark, which makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom