Meet Cobalt!

Yes it's constant worry in the beginning. Then after awhile and especially after you get more chams it becomes no big deal. Unless you get some weird hard to keep species, then it starts all over again. 3 of mine, I don't worry about at all, my melleri, constant worry.

I just found him like this, so cute!

Attachments

• IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 158
I just purchased my first chameleon named Cobalt! He is a male ambilobe panther :D I believe he is around 3 and 1/2 months old. He currently is on the roof of the cage. Just wondering if that is okay. I'll try to get more pictures once he comes down xD
Congratulations Classy, thats so awesome! I am happy for you! I'm getting my 2nd guy tomorrow and I'm so excited! Well, keep posting updates and good luck on your journey!

I'm a little worried, he is on his leaf by the front of his cage up top, but his colors are really dark. Temps are 84.5 basking.

Really black scared kinda black . Anything different going on , changes to enclosure, other animals , new people around him ?
He had a shed about two days ago. Nothing new to the enclosure or new animals and pets. When ever I get home from school, he is close to the bottom of the cage. Then he'll come running up the vine to the front of the cage. That has only been happening for about 2 days.

He had a shed about two days ago. Nothing new to the enclosure or new animals and pets. When ever I get home from school, he is close to the bottom of the cage. Then he'll come running up the vine to the front of the cage. That has only been happening for about 2 days.
Is he still dark ? Do you open He enclosure and let him explore for a bit ?

He is still dark. I only open the cage for misting and food. Do you think I should open the cage and see if he wants to come out? He is scared of my hand I know.
If you have a plant he can climb out onto Try that . Just open the door make sure he safe to climb over won't fall and let him do is thing . Stay in the room so you can watch him . He might be looking to explore . Let's see if we can get another keeper to take a look at him @Andee or @Nursemaia are either of you available ?

If you have a plant he can climb out onto Try that . Just open the door make sure he safe to climb over won't fall and let him do is thing . Stay in the room so you can watch him . He might be looking to explore . Let's see if we can get another keeper to take a look at him @Andee or @Nursemaia are either of you available ?
I don't have a plant for him to climb on to. Would a stick work?

He is dark yes... but he's young also I am not too sure if we should be worried honestly... is he acting different as far as behavior?

He is dark yes... but he's young also I am not too sure if we should be worried honestly... is he acting different as far as behavior?
The only difference of behavior is that I see him at the bottom of the cage on a vine when I get home, then he comes up the the top of the cage when I walk in the room.

I don't have a plant for him to climb on to. Would a stick work?
You don't want to go after him with the stick . Another plant would be best . He has to be safe to be able to come out and you need to let him come out on his own if he wants to . Once he's out he may come to you . Or may just explore .

Back
Top Bottom