Meet Cobalt!

Discussion in 'General Photography' started by Classy, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Classy

Classy Member

It's coming Wednesday, but I bought a cheap little one till it comes, 84 and 83 in his basking. I just walked over to the tank to see the temps, and I saw the little stinkers head :p:ROFLMAO:

2. Kristen Wilkins

Kristen Wilkins Chameleon Enthusiast

Yup hiding and I'm sure he saw you all the while :rolleyes:.

3. Classy

Classy Member

Yeah, he just found a cricket that survived the morning feeding, munched it up :p

4. Kristen Wilkins

YAY Colbalt :love:.

Classy likes this.
  5. broderp

broderp Avid Member

Ahh, to be young and "green" in the ways of cham husbandry again...:rolleyes:

LOL, I just came across this thread. Not sure how I missed it. I'm no pro, but I can feel your anxiety and understand the rational behind the questions your asking. There is a learning curve to this, and I don't think anyone ever get to the very top where they know it all.

Enjoy him while he's small. They grow quickly. How old is he/she?

Kristen Wilkins likes this.
  6. broderp

broderp Avid Member

Not sure if anyone answered this, but if you mean water in the bottom of his enclosure, this is a big No-No. Standing water can cause respiratory issues and is a cesspool for bad stuff to grow! Water on plants is fine.(y)

Kristen Wilkins likes this.
  7. Classy

Classy Member

There is no standing water, I meant on his plants. He is about 3 and a half months old :) What do you mean about being " Green " and young xD :)

8. Classy

Classy Member

My temp gun just came. His basking is 83.5, and the ambient ranges from 78.5 to 76 depending on the location of the cage. He did not like me sticking my hand in his cage xD

9. Kristen Wilkins

Very good as he gets a bit older he will a bit warmer . Has he been out a bit more today ?

10. Classy

Classy Member

He's been out the whole day. I saw one of his poops, and I grabbed it out. It looked pretty normal to me.

11. Kristen Wilkins

Fantastic he's settling very nicely :love:.

Classy likes this.
  12. Classy

Classy Member

His colors are looking a little weird, this has been happening for about 2 days. Is he ready to shed?

Attached Files:

13. Kristen Wilkins

It's not a really clear pic looking through screen . Can you open the door and get a little closer ?

14. Classy

Classy Member

He is hiding right now, but I was just saying his tail looks white, and doesn't match the rest of his body. I'll post another picture once he comes out :p

15. Kristen Wilkins

I do believe is starting also his arm pit .

16. Classy

Classy Member

Do you think it is something to be worried about?

17. Kristen Wilkins

No I think he is getting ready to shed . He looks great . Just keep up his humidity . The little one shed quick .

18. Classy

Classy Member

Phew, I was really nervous!

19. Kristen Wilkins

One very smart woman told me once (AKA) @Nursemaia welcome too the world of worry lol ;) . That could not be more truthful .

Nursemaia likes this.
  20. Classy

Classy Member

lol!