Meet Cobalt!

Discussion in 'General Photography' started by Classy, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Classy

Classy Member

I'll go purchase another plant once my father gets home. Where would I set the plant? Just outside the enclosure?

2. Andee

Andee Chameleon Enthusiast

Have you tried offering your hand to him recently? What size cage is he in?

3. Kristen Wilkins

Kristen Wilkins Chameleon Enthusiast

You can go with fake if or real . It needs to be tall enough to push right up against the enclosure so he can climb out safely . You can take a measurement . Home Depot, Lowe's , Walmart , Target , should have something . You can Google your local stores and see what they have in stock . Then you won't be running around everywhere . If you go with real you will have to clean it same as inside the enclosure .

The biggest thing is let him come out on his own terms and he's safe getting out .

4. Classy

Classy Member

The last time I tried offering my hand to him was about a week ago. He is in a 24 x 24 x 48 screened cage.

5. Andee

The cage is definitely big enough then, if he's still nervous of your hand, then I definitely recommend Kristen's suggestion.

6. Classy

Classy Member

He's doing a lot better this morning. His colors look normal, and he is waiting for his meal :p

Rogue likes this.
  7. Kristen Wilkins

Fantastic :love:

8. Andee

9. Classy

Classy Member

I left his door open for about 20 minutes, and he just stayed where he was. I tried offering my hand to him, and he looked like he was going to snap at me. I wont offer my hand to him for a couple months now :p. I'm going to try to get some worms to feed him.

10. Kristen Wilkins

What the heck is that big thing :eek: !!. Worms might warm the heart :love: . Probably more the belly ;). Excellent you are letting the baby do as he wants . When colbalt decides he wants to come out the option will be there :love:.

11. Hausofdamo

Hausofdamo New Member

Hello all, I feel your anxiety so much! I have baby Randall, he is 12 weeks and im scared of everything!

Anyone have any tips on handling? He seems to be scared of me and doesn't like me in his enclosure and definitely won't eat if I'm stood there.

I know there are mixed reviews on handling but I've seen so many just come to the door and climb all over their owners.

Where he is young I presumed it would be a good way to start bit he just doesn't seem happy, and is scared of me.

Thank you!

Classy likes this.
  12. Classy

Classy Member

Yup, this is my first one, argh every little thing scares me to death. In general chameleons don't really like to be handled, so I'm not pushing it too far until he's comfortable. He tries to bite me if I put my hand too close, so I'm not going to try to handle him for a wile XD At the young age, they are pretty scared of human interaction. I would try to hand feed some worms.

13. Classy

Classy Member

He keeps running to the front of the cage when I'm near it, and stares right at me, and looks happy. Then I try to open the door, and see if he would like to come out, and he gets all mad.

14. Kristen Wilkins

Have you tried hand feeding ?

Andee likes this.
  15. Classy

Classy Member

I haven't hand fed him yet, as the worms at the store were too large for him. I can't believe how fast he's growing, he has like doubled his size. I love this little guy. :D

16. Kristen Wilkins

If you can get small warms give them a try . I think he may be telling you something ;).

17. Classy

Classy Member

So, Cobalt spotted my new addition, he doesn't look mad or angry, he is just normal colors.

Kristen Wilkins likes this.