Meet Cobalt!

You don't want to go after him with the stick . Another plant would be best . He has to be safe to be able to come out and you need to let him come out on his own if he wants to . Once he's out he may come to you . Or may just explore .
I'll go purchase another plant once my father gets home. Where would I set the plant? Just outside the enclosure?

I'll go purchase another plant once my father gets home. Where would I set the plant? Just outside the enclosure?
You can go with fake if or real . It needs to be tall enough to push right up against the enclosure so he can climb out safely . You can take a measurement . Home Depot, Lowe's , Walmart , Target , should have something . You can Google your local stores and see what they have in stock . Then you won't be running around everywhere . If you go with real you will have to clean it same as inside the enclosure .

The biggest thing is let him come out on his own terms and he's safe getting out .

The cage is definitely big enough then, if he's still nervous of your hand, then I definitely recommend Kristen's suggestion.

You can go with fake if or real . It needs to be tall enough to push right up against the enclosure so he can climb out safely . You can take a measurement . Home Depot, Lowe's , Walmart , Target , should have something . You can Google your local stores and see what they have in stock . Then you won't be running around everywhere . If you go with real you will have to clean it same as inside the enclosure .

The biggest thing is let him come out on his own terms and he's safe getting out .
He's doing a lot better this morning. His colors look normal, and he is waiting for his meal :p

If you have a plant he can climb out onto Try that . Just open the door make sure he safe to climb over won't fall and let him do is thing . Stay in the room so you can watch him . He might be looking to explore . Let's see if we can get another keeper to take a look at him @Andee or @Nursemaia are either of you available ?
I left his door open for about 20 minutes, and he just stayed where he was. I tried offering my hand to him, and he looked like he was going to snap at me. I wont offer my hand to him for a couple months now :p. I'm going to try to get some worms to feed him.

I left his door open for about 20 minutes, and he just stayed where he was. I tried offering my hand to him, and he looked like he was going to snap at me. I wont offer my hand to him for a couple months now :p. I'm going to try to get some worms to feed him.
What the heck is that big thing :eek: !!. Worms might warm the heart :love: . Probably more the belly ;). Excellent you are letting the baby do as he wants . When colbalt decides he wants to come out the option will be there :love:.

Hello all, I feel your anxiety so much! I have baby Randall, he is 12 weeks and im scared of everything!

Anyone have any tips on handling? He seems to be scared of me and doesn't like me in his enclosure and definitely won't eat if I'm stood there.

I know there are mixed reviews on handling but I've seen so many just come to the door and climb all over their owners.

Where he is young I presumed it would be a good way to start bit he just doesn't seem happy, and is scared of me.

Thank you!

Hello all, I feel your anxiety so much! I have baby Randall, he is 12 weeks and im scared of everything!

Anyone have any tips on handling? He seems to be scared of me and doesn't like me in his enclosure and definitely won't eat if I'm stood there.

I know there are mixed reviews on handling but I've seen so many just come to the door and climb all over their owners.

Where he is young I presumed it would be a good way to start bit he just doesn't seem happy, and is scared of me.

Thank you!
Yup, this is my first one, argh every little thing scares me to death. In general chameleons don't really like to be handled, so I'm not pushing it too far until he's comfortable. He tries to bite me if I put my hand too close, so I'm not going to try to handle him for a wile XD At the young age, they are pretty scared of human interaction. I would try to hand feed some worms.

What the heck is that big thing :eek: !!. Worms might warm the heart :love: . Probably more the belly ;). Excellent you are letting the baby do as he wants . When colbalt decides he wants to come out the option will be there :love:.
He keeps running to the front of the cage when I'm near it, and stares right at me, and looks happy. Then I try to open the door, and see if he would like to come out, and he gets all mad.

I haven't hand fed him yet, as the worms at the store were too large for him. I can't believe how fast he's growing, he has like doubled his size. I love this little guy. :D
If you can get small warms give them a try . I think he may be telling you something ;).

I'm coming home from vacation right now, I hope he was okay while I was gone. A lot of stress was relieved because of my auto mister.

I'm coming home from vacation right now, I hope he was okay while I was gone. A lot of stress was relieved because of my auto mister.
I love having ours . Work is a 2 min walk I come home usually to spy on my 14 year old lol . Also to make sure everyone is ok . If I get stuck or behind I never have to worry . Except what my human child might be doing lol .

I love having ours . Work is a 2 min walk I come home usually to spy on my 14 year old lol . Also to make sure everyone is ok . If I get stuck or behind I never have to worry . Except what my human child might be doing lol .
Haha, those auto misters are fantastic! I'll post a little update once I get home, but I bet he is in his bed spot.

Back
Top Bottom