Marijuana plants?

AndrewWelch

Not to be childish but I just had a random thought about how a chameleon would act stoned, then a thought popped up wondering if anyone put marijuana in their cages and had them eat it. Anyone do this?

There was a thread about this not too long ago. I think the guy got bashed really hard. Lots of people consider it cruel. Just a heads up!

To answer your question, I've never done that so I don't know how the Cham would act!

Last edited:
I could understand how people would think it's cruel.

I would never put one in, just because I've gotten in trouble with the law with weed so I have to kinda hang low about it. Lol.

It would grow good under the chameleon temperatures though :p.

There was a thread about this not too long ago. I think the guy got bashed really hard. Lots of people consider it cruel.

To answer your question, I've never done that so I don't know how the Cham would act!

Cruel? How so? It's not like the Chameleon would be rolling up a tiny joint? Wouldn't it be just like any other plant? No, I don't use them in my set-up just curious

Cruel? How so? It's not like the Chameleon would be rolling up a tiny joint? Wouldn't it be just like any other plant? No, I don't use them in my set-up just curious

Well, you never know if the THC crystals that are on the plant could hurt them. And even if chameleons can get high they don't know what their doing lol.

I agree that animal cruelty sounds a bit weird. But it makes sence.

oh I get it. If it was to eat part of the plant. Maybe THC doesn't even affect chameleons, what's the worst that can happen you's end up with a chameleon with a serious case of the munchies?

oh I get it. If it was to eat part of the plant. Maybe THC doesn't even affect chameleons, what's the worst that can happen you's end up with a chameleon with a serious case of the munchies?

Hey, maybe that's how I can get Jose to start eating crickets again! :cool:

Not to be childish but I just had a random thought about how a chameleon would act stoned, then a thought popped up wondering if anyone put marijuana in their cages and had them eat it. Anyone do this?

If a chameleon ate some and got high I'm sure it wouldn't kill him, but the resin would probably stick to the chameleon and irritate him and I'm not sure if chameleons can smell but the oder might bother him as well.

Not 100% sure on this but isn't thc a defense mechanism for the plant so when creatures eat it they get intoxicated and stay away from it? I know deer and rabbits eat seedlings all the time but not sure about a mature thc producing flowering plant

We have a lot of marijuana plants here in the Netherlands, but I only know one single person who had a plant in his free range set-up (and he is a strange person). It isn't illegal here, so no problem with any laws, but there's no reason to do it, other than for decorative purpose. In case a chameleon would take a bite, I don't think anything would happen. When smoking marijuana, the THC is taken up into your blood through your lungs, but if you eat it, there's no effect. Before it can be absorbed into your blood through your stomach, it has to be attached to animal fat. That's why edible marijuana-products are (almost) always made with marijana-butter (which has to be made itself first).
But anyway, I don't think it would be good to get a chameleon stoned. It's unnecessary and possibly dangerous.

We have a lot of marijuana plants here in the Netherlands, but I only know one single person who had a plant in his free range set-up (and he is a strange person). It isn't illegal here, so no problem with any laws, but there's no reason to do it, other than for decorative purpose. In case a chameleon would take a bite, I don't think anything would happen. When smoking marijuana, the THC is taken up into your blood through your lungs, but if you eat it, there's no effect. Before it can be absorbed into your blood through your stomach, it has to be attached to animal fat. That's why edible marijuana-products are (almost) always made with marijana-butter (which has to be made itself first).
But anyway, I don't think it would be good to get a chameleon stoned. It's unnecessary and possibly dangerous.

I'm not sure about your " if eaten, there is no effect" theory.I can guarantee you, if you eat a nice bud. You will DEFIANTLY feel it. I know from experience from my younger days.

I agree, that the THC could defiantly cause eye problems. If you get a really sticky bud, it can literally glue your fingers together. Imagine your poor chameleon's eye.

Keep your marijuana plants separate! Not to mention, to have good yields you need A TON of lights, and you need to use nutrients that can harm your Cham. Also, you wouldn't want to have a mist system setup in your grow room would you??

It´s only what I read, I never ate it. Maybe I got it wrong and the process with animal fat is only to get the THC out, so you don´t have to eat the bud itself ;)

...Keep your marijuana plants separate! Not to mention, to have good yields you need A TON of lights, and you need to use nutrients that can harm your Cham. Also, you wouldn't want to have a mist system setup in your grow room would you??

I think you know a little too much about this:eek::cool::D

while I have never experienced it myself, what about those people who use marijuana leaves in thier pot brownies or other confections? I assume they are eating the plant/leaves which are processed into the mixture in small or broken down pieces and from what i hear that results into a "better" high than smoking.

while I have never experienced it myself, what about those people who use marijuana leaves in thier pot brownies or other confections? I assume they are eating the plant/leaves which are processed into the mixture in small or broken down pieces and from what i hear that results into a "better" high than smoking.

I have no clue about this (placebo-effect?), but it doesn't sound very logical to me. If it were true, why bother growing big plants with buds? And why wouldn't coffeeshops over here sell leaves as well as buds?

Theres small amounts of thc on the leaves, people usally collect the leaves after harvesting and make hash out of them instead of just throwing them away

Well it is illegal.

not where i am..and from what i remember somone was saying that they had no cannabinoid receptors..dont know if thats right or not..however i would never smoke pot in the same room, let alone grow it where they have access to it (also the lighting to grow indoor would probably burn a cham)...they are two different hobbies that should stay separated :D

Back
Top Bottom