LLL Reptile 24x24x48 question

Hey guys!
With the Christmas bonus fast approaching I was planning on putting it towards an adulthood tank for my baby veiled to move into when he is ready. I've heard nothing but good reviews about the LLL reptile screen cages and I figure it would be best for me to go that way (unless anyone would recommend Reptibreeze instead). My main concern, and what I really want to know; does the bottom panel (underneath the door) open/ slide/ lift for easy cleaning? I believe the Zoo Med's Reptibreeze does so I wanted to know if LLL's do as well.
Thanks a bunch!
Cheers :D

I have both lllreptile and reptibreeze. They are pretty similar except the lllreptile cage has plant holders at the top wich is nice and they sell an expansion to extend the height to 6ft.

The lllreptile cage has a lower bottom door that allows acces to the floor. The standard floor is just a heavy duty coated piece That sits in the cage. They make substrate floor trays as well which cost extra. Overall I like the lllreptile cage better than the reptibreeze.

I have both lllreptile and reptibreeze. They are pretty similar except the lllreptile cage has plant holders at the top wich is nice and they sell an expansion to extend the height to 6ft.

The lllreptile cage has a lower bottom door that allows acces to the floor. The standard floor is just a heavy duty coated piece That sits in the cage. They make substrate floor trays as well which cost extra. Overall I like the lllreptile cage better than the reptibreeze.
Awesome thanks a lot Sohumvet! I think I'll go with LLL then : )

Just as an idea - I have the LLL 24x24x48 cages, but I mount them on top of a plastic utility sink from Lowe's. That way I get an extra 2 feet of space and at the bottom of the sink is a hole that you can use for easy drainage - just put a bucket underneath. I just drill about 4 holes in the plastic sink and zip tie the cage to it - I can also buy larger/taller cane plants that way which are my preferred plants for my chams. Just my two cents!

I'd take a serious look at the DYI cages. I have the LLL cages and though they are adequate, they lack the extras that the DYI cages appear to have - like door knobs. If I could to do it over, I'd try the DYI cages.

*COUGH* Cyber Monday..... Might wait just a week if you are looking for this cage specifically....

Just as an idea - I have the LLL 24x24x48 cages, but I mount them on top of a plastic utility sink from Lowe's. That way I get an extra 2 feet of space and at the bottom of the sink is a hole that you can use for easy drainage - just put a bucket underneath. I just drill about 4 holes in the plastic sink and zip tie the cage to it - I can also buy larger/taller cane plants that way which are my preferred plants for my chams. Just my two cents!

I like that idea! Thanks.

That actually sounds really brilliant. Don't got a Lowe's anywhere near me but I'm sure any sort of hardware store would have something of adequate capability.

*COUGH* Cyber Monday..... Might wait just a week if you are looking for this cage specifically....
THIS coming monday??
:O

The lllreptile cage is good. Very sturdy. It does have the lift up door at bottom for cleaning. It is attractive..
Now why I woukdnt buy a second one.
The door doesnt go to the top. and the door goes to about 8 in. From the top. If they made that top panel above the door swing open id buy another. It can make cleaning and getting ur Cham out more of a hassle. but if u design ur interior around this its a great cage.

This just gave me an idea that I have to wait to get home to check.. can the flip up door at the bottom be made to swith with the solid panel up top? Hmmm anyone done it?

The lllreptile cage is good. Very sturdy. It does have the lift up door at bottom for cleaning. It is attractive..
Now why I woukdnt buy a second one.
The door doesnt go to the top. and the door goes to about 8 in. From the top. If they made that top panel above the door swing open id buy another. It can make cleaning and getting ur Cham out more of a hassle. but if u design ur interior around this its a great cage.

This just gave me an idea that I have to wait to get home to check.. can the flip up door at the bottom be made to swith with the solid panel up top? Hmmm anyone done it?

Yes with hot glue and removing the 2 pivot bolts, but it makes the cage kinda shaky because there is now no cross brace in the front. The only thing keeping the cage from turning into a rhombus is the back screen.

Back
Top Bottom