Reptibreeze and Repti Zoo enclosure questions

davisc12

I already have the xl reptibreeze enclosure so my questions are more geared those with the repti zoo. My current plan is to drill holes in the actual frame of the enclosure and use nut rivet nut inserts and threaded studs to make easily removable side panels using wing nuts. The zoo med is quite a bit more expensive but the design appears to be much stronger but is this worth the extra charge, and if so im interested in the actual dimensions of the metal frame depth and width. Ideally i dont want to drill all the way through the frame but may have to depending on the nuts being used.

Wow! Repti Zoo has a pretty nice looking enclosure. Here it is for those who haven’t seen it yet. https://www.amazon.com/REPTI-ZOO-Fo...cphy=9011825&hvtargid=pla-2203473442533&psc=1 It does look sturdier than the ReptiBreeze. I’m not sure if it would lend itself well to what you have planned. Have you seen Zen enclosures? https://www.zenhabitats.com/collections/zen-habitats-reptile-enclosures
I was ready to pull the trigger on the zen but was worried about how hard it was going to be to mount branches to the solid walls and the screen doors were rather small. I like how the way i plan on doing it itll be full screen which is verry easy to mount stuff to then i can use thumb screws to attach the side panels after everything is mounted to the screen as needed. But the repti zoo one does look really nice but is also close to double the price. So before i purchase something with the plan of drilling holes into it i wanna make sure its going to work and be worth the extra mark up.

I just ordered the repti zoo one i feel the more rigid design of the end caps will be better for my plan of putting plexi on the sides and i liked how the door folds down even if it is smaller. I also think the locks look much more sturdy. Just hoping the frame is wide enough to use the nut inserts without drilling all the way through rhough.

Yes, please post about how it goes and what your impressions of the Repti Zoo enclosure are. Over the past few years I’ve been watching as they introduce more variety of products and it’s nice to have as many options as possible. I have one of their long glass enclosures and love it.

I got the new repti zoo enclosure in today and must say i am impressed by the ease of assembly. It goes together in 2 minutes. However I didnt notice the front is also plexi glass when i ordered it so im a bit disappointed as thats the main reason i sent the reptibreeze one back but atleast this one doesnt fall apart if you open the door. I also like how they have holes in the tank for an optional spray bar kit.

Back
Top Bottom