48”x48” Reptibreeze XL Build

Looking like a lot of work still ahead of you before it’s finished. But looking good so far. After you purchase the 2 drainage tray from DS you will only be $400 from a new purchase of a

Large Screen Atrium + Drainage 🤔

Is that including the DS shipping?

Well, aside from the drainage trays it’s done. After this it’s the starting point that anyone else would be at after they received their enclosure that took a month or two to build after the order was placed according to what I read on the company’s website and products you’re referencing. Right?
IMO your far from done compared to a DS enclosure. You still don’t have your drainage system. Not sure how your going to mount your horizontal branches. And what about protecting your walls from the moisture? Yes it takes time after you order from DS. But the setup is simple and very functional with having your DS ledges to mount your branch’s and live plant’s up and off the floor. Also you have at least 1 pvc wall to prevent water damage to your walls. So let’s get a update when it’s all said and done for at least the cage to be complete. It appears your at least 1 week into this build. Don’t get me wrong diy is a good thing and I have been there also. Just found on something’s other options work out better in the long haul. Here is my DIY link that maybe helpful in regards to keeping your water in the cage.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/alternate-clearside-diy.168320/

IMO your far from done compared to a DS enclosure. You still don’t have your drainage system. Not sure how your going to mount your horizontal branches. And what about protecting your walls from the moisture? Yes it takes time after you order from DS. But the setup is simple and very functional with having your DS ledges to mount your branch’s and live plant’s up and off the floor. Also you have at least 1 pvc wall to prevent water damage to your walls. So let’s get a update when it’s all said and done for at least the cage to be complete. It appears your at least 1 week into this build. Don’t get me wrong diy is a good thing and I have been there also. Just found on something’s other options work out better in the long haul. Here is my DIY link that maybe helpful in regards to keeping your water in the cage.
Making your own mounting ledges out of aluminum stock or something else and buying PVC panels/chloroplast is much cheaper than buying DragonLedges, which you can also do. 2 ReptiBreezes, DIY drainage, aluminum stock, and chloroplast is cheaper than an Atrium for people wanting the size without spending the money. Granted, with how you build it, the quality might not be as good as a DragonStrand, but if you're low on cash and wanting/needing an upgrade, this is also an option

Making your own mounting ledges out of aluminum stock or something else and buying PVC panels/chloroplast is much cheaper than buying DragonLedges, which you can also do. 2 ReptiBreezes, DIY drainage, aluminum stock, and chloroplast is cheaper than an Atrium for people wanting the size without spending the money. Granted, with how you build it, the quality might not be as good as a DragonStrand, but if you're low on cash and wanting/needing an upgrade, this is also an option
Yes I agree and like I said “Don’t get me wrong diy is a good thing and I have been there also. Just found on something’s other options work out better in the long haul.” And even put a link to my DIY thread. Just want to know what the end results cost and time spent to create this build.

I use a diy method for "floating garden" style cages made popular by dragon strand/chameleon academy. I put a sturdy branch in each top corner and drill a hole through each branch. I use the black zip ties and go around the top cage frame through the screen and through the hole in the branch. Then you can connect the four vertical branches with horizontal ones. The end result is like having dragon ledges.
PXL_20201025_173911803~2.jpg

I use a diy method for "floating garden" style cages made popular by dragon strand/chameleon academy. I put a sturdy branch in each top corner and drill a hole through each branch. I use the black zip ties and go around the top cage frame through the screen and through the hole in the branch. Then you can connect the four vertical branches with horizontal ones. The end result is like having dragon ledges. View attachment 308975
That's very creative. Looks nice and clean, too!!

The duck brand window insulation plastic works great for keeping in mist, and humidity. https://www.amazon.com/Duck-10-Wind...ocphy=9014400&hvtargid=pla-309159534601&psc=1

Yes I agree and like I said “Don’t get me wrong diy is a good thing and I have been there also. Just found on something’s other options work out better in the long haul.” And even put a link to my DIY thread. Just want to know what the end results cost and time spent to create this build.
Yeah, didn't mean anything by it like that, just that some DIYs are cheaper than DragonStrand

Hey there! You haven’t posted your progress in a bit. How’s it going?
Stalled a bit. Just patched up some screen holes. Think I’ve decided to forgo the foam and do sheets of black plexiglass on the 4 outsides sealed with NP1. This way the moisture stays in but the sides all still have the ability for him and feeders to crawl around on as opposed to plexiglassing the inside. Waiting on those pieces to come in. Misti King additional nozzles should be here tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom