Laying bin?

Dez and Delilah

So Delilah is about 5 1/2 months now and seems to be growing by the day. She's doing really well and I'm amazed at how big she's getting.

I'm just wondering as to what the approximate age is for her needing a laying bin in case she has an infertile clutch? I tried searching the site but didn't come up with much.

my female veiled was around 6 to 7 months old when i put a laying bin in her enclosure. i put it in when i noticed her new adult colours coming in just in case she starts producing eggs. has your cham started getting her adult markings/colours yet? if not you can hold out on the laying bin until then at least.

shes got hints of adult colouration. its early but she seems to be starting to hunt around the bottom quite a bit. dez & i are starting to wonder if its because shes looking for a laying site because if shes hunting for food, shes just a real glutton. could be the case since shes growing so rapidly right now. would a laying bin be any harm if we were to introduce it to the enclosure pre maturely?

my best advice is to do some researching on feeding scheduals. she is deff at that age where you dont need to feed her everyday, and when you do 7-8 feeders is fine. i dont think it would hurt to give her 1 or 2 in those days you arent supposed to if she puts a puppy face on lol, but reduced feeding schedual can eliminate the laying of infertil clutches, reduce the amount of eggs made, and add length in life to the animal.

my best advice is to do some researching on feeding scheduals. she is deff at that age where you dont need to feed her everyday, and when you do 7-8 feeders is fine.

That was actually another question I had.. haha thank you. We were actually talking yesterday about reducing her feeding schedule but weren't sure what age was recommended for the switch.

my reaserch has told me that its later than 5.5 months to be feeding every second day. she is still growing pretty rapidly. we do plan on breeding her so should we reduce the feeding until the time actually comes or keep the feeding up?

Back
Top Bottom