Is she alright?

I love this... just one question, what does phosphorus and magnesium do for the chameleon. I’m using all three Arcadia supplements and I’ve always wondered
" Too high levels of phosphorus in the diet will interfere with calcium absorption so even with good calcium levels and UVB the body is still not getting enough."...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...-like-how-it-happens-and-how-to-fix-it.95071/

"Helps with muscle and nerve function, supports a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. It teams up with B6, D and K, Calcium etc. Magnesium is found in in whole grains, nuts, green leafy vegetables, kelp, etc."...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/supplements.65/

magnesium potassium and salts make up electrolytes that we and our chams need phosphorus overdose or Too much phosphorus can be bad for chameleons. When there is too much phosphorous, it will bind to the calcium and prevent the body from absorbing the calcium.

magnesium potassium and salts make up electrolytes that we and our chams need phosphorus overdose or Too much phosphorus can be bad for chameleons. When there is too much phosphorous, it will bind to the calcium and prevent the body from absorbing the calcium.
Did you just became “Member” on my thread 😂?

I love this... just one question, what does phosphorus and magnesium do for the chameleon. I’m using all three Arcadia supplements and I’ve always wondered
Phosphorus is essential to life. It is part of the structure of DNA. It is used an energy source for muscle contraction and relaxation. It maintains intra- and extracellular biochemical gradients. Assisting in ion transport and nerve conduction. Phospholipids make up cell walls. It’s one of the main components of bone structure. In short, without phosphorus life could not exist

Magnesium is similarly present and essential in every cell in every organism. It’s involved ATP driven processes. Nerve conduction, and cardiovascular health.

She is not eating today. She was not darl but she is not orange. She’s somewhat purple. I placed ger in front of my males enclosure and she didn’t react aggressively at all she was just standing there looking at him.

The problem is that she is so scared of me (and she wasnt before) that she wont eat if she sees me but i need to hold the food because she cant shoot her tongue.. any suggestions?

The problem is that she is so scared of me (and she wasnt before) that she wont eat if she sees me but i need to hold the food because she cant shoot her tongue.. any suggestions?
This might sound weird, but try to see if it is a specific thing that she is afraid of (ex. your hands, your face, bright colors). I've been doing a lot of reading on animal behavior and animals can start to make negative associations with very specific things. (There is an anecdote in Temple Grandin's Animals In Translation about a horse who became afraid of black hats after a man with a black hat hurt it -- all other hats and all other men were ok, but black hats were scary). For example my chameleon doesn't like my hands anymore because I had to grab her to give her burn cream for a week straight. So maybe if you can figure out the source of the fear you can try to mitigate it -- like if you had a long shirt you could cover your hands and use tongs/tweezers, or hold you arm far away from your face if she is scared of your face, or wear more muted colors if it seems that your wearing of bright colors is stressing her out. I am no expert, so this may not work or she may just have a generalized fear of the concept of "you," but I think it would be worth a try to see if there is a specific thing she might be upset about. I also think that if she gets hungry enough she will want to eat, but might not get it right away because she's hardwired to shoot her tongue. Again, I am not at all an expert in animal behavior, but it's just something I have an interest in and like to read up on. Good luck!!

This might sound weird, but try to see if it is a specific thing that she is afraid of (ex. your hands, your face, bright colors). I've been doing a lot of reading on animal behavior and animals can start to make negative associations with very specific things. (There is an anecdote in Temple Grandin's Animals In Translation about a horse who became afraid of black hats after a man with a black hat hurt it -- all other hats and all other men were ok, but black hats were scary). For example my chameleon doesn't like my hands anymore because I had to grab her to give her burn cream for a week straight. So maybe if you can figure out the source of the fear you can try to mitigate it -- like if you had a long shirt you could cover your hands and use tongs/tweezers, or hold you arm far away from your face if she is scared of your face, or wear more muted colors if it seems that your wearing of bright colors is stressing her out. I am no expert, so this may not work or she may just have a generalized fear of the concept of "you," but I think it would be worth a try to see if there is a specific thing she might be upset about. I also think that if she gets hungry enough she will want to eat, but might not get it right away because she's hardwired to shoot her tongue. Again, I am not at all an expert in animal behavior, but it's just something I have an interest in and like to read up on. Good luck!!
Yeah I think she is terrified of my face. But I cant feed her if i dont see her.. I will try ski mask lol 😂. Thank you!

Yeah she had some problems. Her supplementation's where all on place. She didn’t shoot her tongue and she was not eating properly but she is a fighter.. I will check in the morning if she’s alive....
my first chameleon was a fighter too, she tried pulling through with egg binding and lasted a while. Hopefully they are ok but i really dont know whats wrong

Back
Top Bottom