Is she alright?

Here's some information that might help you understand supplements a bit better.

Vitamin D3 from supplements can build up in the system and lead to health issues like MBD if it's overdosed...so that's why we only dust lightly with a supplement that has it in twice a month.
D3 produced from exposure to UVB lights will not build up in the system as long as the chameleon can move in and out of it at will and the UVB light bulb is the proper one...so by only dusting twice a month we ensure that the chameleon gets some without overdosing it and leaving the chameleon to produce the rest from its UVB exposure.

Of course, the chameleon needs enough calcium, which is transported by the D3, to be able to form the strong bones and muscles and other things. It's hard to overdo the calcium as long as the chameleon doesn't get too much D3 from supplements.

Calcium and phosphorous need to be in balance for good bone health as well. We dust the insects lightly with the phos free calcium powder because most feeder insects we feed to the chameleon have an improper ratio of calcium to phos. We have no hope of feeding the chameleon the same diet it gets in the wild so we just try to adjust what we can feed them to be the best it can be by feeding the insects a nutritious diet and supplementing them,

Vitamin A needs to be in balance too. Vitamin A and D3 are somewhat antagonistic to each other so it's important. Vitamin A from supplements, like D3, is fat soluble so it will build up in the body if it's in the prEformed (retinol/"meat") source. If it's from the prOformed (carotenoid/veggie) source it won't build up in the system...the body converts it as needed. However there is controversy over whether a/any chameleon can convert it or at least convert it well enough ...so that's why we use a supplement with a prEformed source twice a month. It ensures the chameleon gets some...hopefully enough.

Hope this helps.

Update: she didnt eat and drink today and she did not move from one position all day. She is sleeping atm and she is normal sleeping peach color..

If she is sleeping in the day that is not good, do you have a mesh cage to put her in to see if anything changes..

If she is sleeping in the day that is not good, do you have a mesh cage to put her in to see if anything changes..
She is not sleeping in day at all. Its 1 in the morning here. I tried to get her out on free range but she grasped the branch so tight i couldn’t pull her out.

ok your post said 1:14pm. Yes they grip on but that's good that means she is strong and healthy! ☺:DYou have to uncurl each foot, hold each foot away from new branch they will try to grab,,, And very gently... while also sticking up one finger for their tail to wrap around as you are pulling them out ...they are quick at grabbing something this always makes me laugh and takes some patience

ok your post said 1:14pm. Yes they grip on but that's good that means she is strong and healthy! ☺:DYou have to uncurl each foot, hold each foot away from new branch they will try to grab,,, And very gently... while also sticking up one finger for their tail to wrap around as you are pulling them out ...they are quick at grabbing something this always makes me laugh and takes some patience
Im in Serbia 😂. I have two more chameleons beside her and they never grasped so hard so I honestly got scared to injure her ( i was very gentle dont worry). I eill try in the morning. Thank you!

So I got her out. She was light when i came to the enclosure and she got dark when she saw me. She didnt lef the sleeping spot. Then I got her out and she became peach color started trying to run put of my hands. She was going really fast from one of my hand to the other. I got her on free range tree so soon we will se if she moved from the place she got on.
3AF3F573-B743-4AAB-80E1-1386BE189F07.jpeg

Can this work: free range tree and 4 uvb bulbs around it. Because i have 4 bulbs around that tree in the room. So ik thinking of putting 4 uvb bulbs with 6 or 10%. Would that work. The distance between the tree and the bulbs are like half a meter something like that..

Update: So I honestly dont know what is happening here except edema. She was fine all day and now she went to sleep under the lights 1 hour before her sleep (12 hours on and 12 off). She was normal color all day and when she was sleeping on the tree. But when I got her back in the enclosure she got black again. Its like she is scared of what is going to come to the entry of the enclosure. Like she is sitting and waiting for something big to come and open the glass and eat her. I think the real problem is that she se terrified of her enclosure (the look that she can see outside)..

Back
Top Bottom