Introducing Kismet! (FEmale Translucent Veiled)

Wow...they're in Ontario!! Me too! Just think...if I'd have known that I could have owned Kismet! (Evil grin) (Just teasing! I couldn't have kept her from you!)

Le gasp! :eek: Well, I wouldn't blame you - she's a little stunner, and caught my eye right away! The other one I was really looking at was a practically neon yellow and white boy. I think they decided to hold him back, though!

I highly recommend RFR if you're looking for a translucent at any point - lovely people, and lovely chams! They also breed some snakes (ball pythons, mostly), and if I ever get into snakes I know where to go! :D

Thanks!! :D Translucents (and veiled breeders in general) aren't terribly common on the west coast, so it might be difficult to find the perfect mate! We'll see what turns up. :)

Ross Family Reptiles is a small scale family breeder out in Ontario - I happened across them when I was idly scrolling through the reptile classifieds! Then I snooped through their FB, and one thing led to another and now I have my lovely lady haha!
I would happily volunteer shadow to breed as he is much larger than normal, has very high orange and yellow and is a high translucent. However, there’s only one problem, I live in the UK! oh well

I would happily volunteer shadow to breed as he is much larger than normal, has very high orange and yellow and is a high translucent. However, there’s only one problem, I live in the UK! oh well

It's a shame- your Shadow is a good looking boy! Love those oranges. Would have been interesting with Kismet's genetics! Ah well. Hopefully I can find a good candidate on this side of the pond! :)

Ok why do they call it a pond? Like it is an ocean I do not get it. At all. :banghead:

According to the BBC: "Here in Britain, when we say 'across the pond' or 'the other side of the pond' we might be referring to the Atlantic Ocean and the United States. Because there's so much contact between the two continents, we compare the ocean to a pond."

In short, the English language makes no sense, especially colloquialisms :LOL:

According to the BBC: "Here in Britain, when we say 'across the pond' or 'the other side of the pond' we might be referring to the Atlantic Ocean and the United States. Because there's so much contact between the two continents, we compare the ocean to a pond."

In short, the English language makes no sense, especially colloquialisms :LOL:
Yall are weird... I still love you though!

It's a shame- your Shadow is a good looking boy! Love those oranges. Would have been interesting with Kismet's genetics! Ah well. Hopefully I can find a good candidate on this side of the pond! :)
Yeah thanks, good luck and I’m sure the babies will look great, especially with kismets translucent colours. I’ve never seen a Cham with so many translucent patches! She’s amazing

Yeah thanks, good luck and I’m sure the babies will look great, especially with kismets translucent colours. I’ve never seen a Cham with so many translucent patches! She’s amazing

Thank you!! I have high hopes for her - she really is a very striking little girl! And remarkably calm, too. I see so many stories of nervous babies, and then there's Kismet. She hangs out front and center for most of the day, and barely pays me any mind.

Kismet has easily doubled in size in the last 3 weeks, and has a practically insatiable appetite! Her newest trick is going to the floor of her (bioactive) enclosure and turning over leaflitter to hunt her CuC. Don't eat the maids, Kiz! They're there to help! :eek:

She hand feeds readily, and practically sprints to her food bowl when she sees me coming with the freezer bag (my dusting apparatus, haha!). She happily takes food from her bowl, but especially relishes hunting opportunities. I threw some BSFL into the soil, so I'm hoping they'll pupate and provide some additional enrichment!

Notice her "get the camera out of my face" sucked in eye in most photos :oops:

"Okay, seriously, quit it. I'm out of here!" You can see her little pot belly clearly in this one. She's due for a biiiig bm! (Like seriously, no idea how she fits that much crap in there!)

Size comparison from today vs. 3 weeks ago. They grow up so fast!

She’s so pretty I can’t get over it! She’s so lucky to have a Cham mom like you!
Shs such a cutie!! They do grow quickly.

Thank you ladies!! I'm absolutely obsessed with her haha!

And speaking of- look at these yellows! :love:

Kismet has a tiny, brand new white spot on her left hind leg. Not entirely sure if it's always been there and she was just so tiny I couldn't see it, or if she's actually developing patches!

Full body stretch! It's weirdly awesome that you can see her little blood vessels, especially when backlit. :D

Look at that tail!! She really is a pretty, unique little girl!

Doesn't she have a fantastic tail?? I love the banding! I've been combing through her progression pictures, and she's absolutely getting more white - I'm so excited for the final outcome!! But I also want her to be a sweet little baby forever. The dilemma! :eek: :love:

Back
Top Bottom