Introducing Kismet! (FEmale Translucent Veiled)

I'm a bit of a stressed momma, between Lily not feeling well and Kismet not eating quite as much as I'd like, but the little lady otherwise seems to adjusting well! She's extremely active, and goes all over the top 1/3rd of her enclosure, and lower closer to bedtime.

I just adore her little face! :love:

Miss Kismet surveying her kingdom:

I've discovered that Kismet prefers her food to be freeranged, and she's eating much better now as she settles in. She's developing her veiled sass and will salute me if I get too close with the infrared thermometer, but is otherwise content just keeping an eye on me and carrying on with her business.

I think we're both feeling more confident now, haha!

Where's Kismet? :unsure: Night-time edition! :LOL:

So many places to sleep, and she picks the screen right up front and center...

I've discovered that Kismet prefers her food to be freeranged, and she's eating much better now as she settles in. She's developing her veiled sass and will salute me if I get too close with the infrared thermometer, but is otherwise content just keeping an eye on me and carrying on with her business.

I think we're both feeling more confident now, haha!

View attachment 249826

View attachment 249828

View attachment 249829

View attachment 249830

Where's Kismet? :unsure: Night-time edition! :LOL:
View attachment 249831

So many places to sleep, and she picks the screen right up front and center...

View attachment 249832
Instagram for kismet pleasemelting !!!

Instagram for kismet pleasemelting !!!

I should probably cave and make an Instagram account... but I'm not one for social media haha! One day, maybe. :p

Kismet is absolutely crushing her crickets now and is averaging out between 15-20 per day, plus a handful of bsfl. Judging by her ashy elbows and some flakiness around her head, she either just shed or is about to! She climbed up on my hand while I was checking her food cup, and I went ahead and took a few pictures. That blue though! :love: I also adore the yellow on her eye turrets and around her nostrils, and her little mustard stripes! And her silly banded tail, and her little pink legs, and...!

I should probably cave and make an Instagram account... but I'm not one for social media haha! One day, maybe. :p

Kismet is absolutely crushing her crickets now and is averaging out between 15-20 per day, plus a handful of bsfl. Judging by her ashy elbows and some flakiness around her head, she either just shed or is about to! She climbed up on my hand while I was checking her food cup, and I went ahead and took a few pictures. That blue though! :love: I also adore the yellow on her eye turrets and around her nostrils, and her little mustard stripes! And her silly banded tail, and her little pink legs, and...!

View attachment 250201

View attachment 250202

View attachment 250203
I must be too overwhelmed with her cuteness when I was typing before...some extra letters there lol
Wow that’s a lot of crickets and bsfl!!perfect baby!!!Thanks for sharing more pictures of her!!!The cuteness of it all....:love::love::love::love::love:

I must be too overwhelmed with her cuteness when I was typing before...some extra letters there lol
Wow that’s a lot of crickets and bsfl!!perfect baby!!!Thanks for sharing more pictures of her!!!The cuteness of it all....:love::love::love::love::love:

Oh my freakin goodness she’s so cute!!

Thank you!! Kismet is an absolute joy, and is an absolutely perfect baby! I can't help taking a million pictures of her, haha. Wish I would have thought to get footage of her sprinting to her feeding bowl this morning - I just about died!

I just aww’d out loud and grabbed my heart, and my husband rolled his eyes hardcore. He didnt see the pics or he’d be awwwwing too

Right?! Better get your husband on board the Kismet train. :LOL:

Kizzard Lizard photo dump! I can't believe how fast she's growing... she could barely choke down 2 week old crickets and small/medium bsfl when i first brought her home, and now we're just about to move onto 3 week olds and large bsfl! Kismet will hand feed fairly reliably, and while she's far from my biggest fan she'll tolerate me and the phone. Best baby! :love:

I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's full grown! Are you going to breed her??

Neither can I, haha! She's going to be stunning, I just know it! :love:

It'd almost be a shame if I didn't breed her - she has solid genetics, and I'd love my own line of translucents! But that'll probably be a project to consider in ~1.5 - 2 years, when I hopefully have the time and money to pursue it. Gotta find me the perfect stud first, after all! I figure I'll start actively looking for a male once I start/complete the cabinet conversion I have planned and go from there. I also need to suss out the market - I figure I'll try to find some of eggs homes amongst Canadian forum members, and see how many I'll be raising at home.

Let me know if you have any ideas where i'd find me a good Canadian translucent boy, Lynda! Kismet's from Ross Family Reptiles, sire is Monty (produced by Trevor Neufeld).

it definitely would be a shame not to at least breed her once!
I'm not familiar with Ross Family Reptiles....are they out your way?
If I hear of any good males out here I'll let you know...for sure!

it definitely would be a shame not to at least breed her once!
I'm not familiar with Ross Family Reptiles....are they out your way?
If I hear of any good males out here I'll let you know...for sure!

Thanks!! :D Translucents (and veiled breeders in general) aren't terribly common on the west coast, so it might be difficult to find the perfect mate! We'll see what turns up. :)

Ross Family Reptiles is a small scale family breeder out in Ontario - I happened across them when I was idly scrolling through the reptile classifieds! Then I snooped through their FB, and one thing led to another and now I have my lovely lady haha!

Back
Top Bottom