Introducing Kismet! (FEmale Translucent Veiled)

Weekly photo dump! Kismet's proving to be photogenic, and occasionally lets me take half decent pictures haha! Girl loves her food, and practically tackles me when I go to put crickets in her enclosure.

Strike a pose!

Kismet wasn't impressed while I was watering her plants, and followed me around the cage.

Getting ready for bed. She has two designated sleeping areas, both on her Meyers lemon, and swaps between the two every other night. She's always in place half an hour or so before lights out!

Caught in the act! I catch Kismet looking for isopods at least once a day. :rolleyes:

Haha, that's funny that she is eating all your isopods. You will have to start a colony to be able to keep cleaners in her enclosure.

She’s growing so fast! Such a little cutie :love:

I knew they grew fast, but Kismet is my first actual baby and watching the transformation is pretty nuts! I swear she gets cuter by the day haha! :love:

oh my gosh, why dont they stay that little and cute?!

I'm torn between wishing she'd be a baby forever, and eagerly awaiting her big girl colors. I'm very excited for it, especially since her translucent/white patches have been changing a little each shed! In the mean time... lots of pictures! :D

Haha, that's funny that she is eating all your isopods. You will have to start a colony to be able to keep cleaners in her enclosure.

Oh, she's a real turkey about it, too! Girl loves her seafood, haha! :p I'll definitely have to get a master culture started... and unfortunately, the species I had in there with her are a bit more difficult to get around here/breed more slowly than the ones I have in with Lily (she has my CB a. Vulgare). I really like the o. Asellus, but they're slow growers! I also can't harvest them in any amount locally... especially with the arctic front coming in. Hopefully they'll hang in there for a few months - then I can go hunting and get a couple hundred. Worst case I suppose I can get some powder blues or dwarf whites in!

My phone is on the fritz and taking pictures is tricky with the camera cracked/not focusing well, but I thought I'd update! Kismet is growing at a steady clip, and is getting prettier and prettier every shed! She's losing some of the black on top on her head, but is gaining a lot of white and yellow and the rest of her black is more solid/less patchy in appearance. Interestingly, a lot of her white pigmentation is showing up on formerly translucent areas! Whenever she fires up, her grey patches become a lovely light blue. Kiz has started coming up to me when I'm near the enclosure, and continues to be unbothered by my presence. She's big enough now to take down small superworms and hornworms with ease, and happily eats whatever is on hand!

My little eating machine:

20191212_172409.jpg

20191212_172115.jpg

She's amazing!
Can’t wait to see her I all her adult glory!
So pretty!!

Thanks everyone!! :love: I feel like I really lucked out with her. I saw the potential, but I didn't dare hope she'd develop this nicely!! She's absolutely perfect, and I just adore her. Her adult coloration will be stunning!

How do I make room for my cages :unsure:

Where there's a will, there's a way! I mean, look at me, fitting 5 cages into my tiny space. :p

That is really cool ... I didn't know there was translucent veiled morph until I saw this thread. Kismet is one gorgeous and very lucky chameleon!

That is really cool ... I didn't know there was translucent veiled morph until I saw this thread. Kismet is one gorgeous and very lucky chameleon!

Thank you! :D Translucent veileds don't seem to have a very strong following, but I'm doing my part to change that! I'm very fond of them with their unique markings and interesting patterns, and hope to work with them more in the future! For now, I have my lovely little Kismet and I'm greatly enjoying spoiling her rotten whilst somewhat aggressively thrusting pictures of her at everyone. :p

Back
Top Bottom