Intestinal Parasite Transfer to Babies?

So I have a weird question I've always wondered about.

If one or both of your breeders have intestinal parasites, do your babies automatically end up with intestinal parasites? Or is it just something you receive from being in contact with affected ones or feeders?

For egg laying chameleons, the babies will not be born with parasites. They will need to come into contact with something that is after they hatch in order to pick them up.

Sure thing. Just take the eggs out and put them in a separate container and when they hatch just keep them in a clean environment and you will be fine.

I don't have too much experience with livebearing but I would have to assume that if the parents have parasites that the babies have a high chance of getting them as well. So, best thing to do with them would be to cure the parents prior to giving birth.

Yeah I don't believe my breeders do but I wanted to get their samples checked in case. I was concerned at one point due to runny feces, but that was the same week my guy had a lot of silkies so I'm not as concerned remembering that.

Back
Top Bottom