Installed fancy raindome today.

LazardLizard

Provides a nice gentle realistic drizzle. They are fully adjustable if you want more or less and a 5 pack is a whopping $3.00 at lowes. They can be run off pumps like most people use, I'm just using a hosebibb with a timer box. If you look for them they are called adjustable bubblers for irrigation.

Hope I can save someone a few bucks and some cage top realistate.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 253
Really cool idea. That's the only thing I hated about rain domes, I couldn't place my lighting exactly how I wanted. If/and when I get another cham, I'll be using this idea. Thanks!

Nice! I had an idea for using something similar for an outdoor enclosure so I wouldn't have to have electric running for the misting pump. The great thing about the timer is that it can run on battery! Let us know how it works out! :cool:

Thanks guys... The setup its self runs fine, did multipule tests. Years ago we did it similar to this, and all of the reptiles enjoyed it. Guess cause its gentle, close to natural, and if they don't want to get wet they don't have to. An inline filter will be added also. Just didn't want the misting deals this go around, wanted something that was more realistic again. Can't see being blasted in the face if it was me.

I might give this a try. I am using an ourdoor msting system for our set of outside cages, but it just isnt wokring right. What kind of tubing are you using for this? How does the tubing hook up to the timer? Can I put a T valve inline and run multilple of these? Thanks

1/4 tubing - theres a union that has bibb threds, so it just screws right on(its like $3.50) and all the fittings are barbed(easy install) - yes, i have a few tee's already tied in. You can run many of these off normal pump/house volume rates. Its the black tubing on the top and along the back in the pic for example, but thats not even close to how many can be run.(the last right are saggy cause they are not hooked up. The tubing is cheap also:) For those of you looking for other things you are wanting to try, you can also check for a local hydroponics store, they have TONS of cool stuff! And there prices for stuff is WAY cheaper then products advertised for reptiles, ALOT cheaper and its the same stuff!!!

I might give this a try. I am using an ourdoor msting system for our set of outside cages, but it just isnt wokring right. What kind of tubing are you using for this? How does the tubing hook up to the timer? Can I put a T valve inline and run multilple of these? Thanks

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 206
Nice!! i am going to try doing this tomorrow. Does home depot or lowes carry the 1/4" tubing?

Thansk again!!!

Nice!! i am going to try doing this tomorrow. Does home depot or lowes carry the 1/4" tubing?

Thansk again!!!

Yes, for wicked cheap. ;)

There are tons of different little attachments and nozzles and such as well, drip irrigation thingys...

The fittings are no big deal, but I do reccomend flushing the tubing for a few minutes to wash out the rubber.(cleaning) The easiest way to set the system is to wait until its all done, then adjust the the main bibb and each head to get what your looking for.(if you add heads, you will have to re-adjust/reset) Most hose bibbs(not pumps) can be ran half open. Oh lol, you will get wet at first, unless you close the heads first.:D

Thansk again!!!

1/4 tubing - theres a union that has bibb threds, so it just screws right on(its like $3.50) and all the fittings are barbed(easy install) - yes, i have a few tee's already tied in. You can run many of these off normal pump/house volume rates. Its the black tubing on the top and along the back in the pic for example, but thats not even close to how many can be run.(the last right are saggy cause they are not hooked up. The tubing is cheap also:) For those of you looking for other things you are wanting to try, you can also check for a local hydroponics store, they have TONS of cool stuff! And there prices for stuff is WAY cheaper then products advertised for reptiles, ALOT cheaper and its the same stuff!!!

I wanna come see your set ups. And you must teach me your ways.

Ahhh yes young jedi, teach I will you.... teach you......:p

Well not much to see at the moment, but your more then welcome to check it out. Let me finish the Cham room, then there will be LOTS to see:) The other reptiles all have their cool set-ups, but the Chams at the moment are in just factory store bought screen cages. Been devoting any free time to getting things ready for the Johnstoni shipment.

I wanna come see your set ups. And you must teach me your ways.

Indoors.....Yes!

I'm asuming your speaking of an interior room like bedroom or living room? Just need more to go on:) (mine is in the garage)

Yeah! My setup is in my bedroom not near any water source, any way/tips on how to do it for the setup in my room. I've been looking at rain domes for a while but can't bring myself to drop $200 on a small water fixture.

Then in your case a small aquarium pump on a timer will do the trick. Depending on the height you need to get to the top of your cage, will be the considering factor on what size pump.(and if there is more then one cage) I know theres pumps out there that would work great for your application for around $25-$40. Bucket at lowes, around $3. Timer at walmart, around $5.

Unless you want to run the 1/4" tubing from the bathroom into your room.(along the baseboards, tucked away) If thats the case, then you can get an adapter that will screw onto your faucet in place of your airator. Or cut in a a valve(or quick tee) below the sink. Perhaps you have a hosebibb outside of your bedroom window you can use? What about drainage? Pan, bucket, drain pipe? Or dump into a tub and put a pump in there with a float switch to empty the tub for you:)

There are so many ways, pics of your room or a drawing(layout) would help. And where your room is located in general to water areas. I'll do what I can to help:) Having owned reptiles for many years and being a plumber, theres always a way!

Yeah! My setup is in my bedroom not near any water source, any way/tips on how to do it for the setup in my room. I've been looking at rain domes for a while but can't bring myself to drop $200 on a small water fixture.

Harbor freight has little pumps that will run water up to 6' high - just be sure to grab the right one- they are like $9 :)

Holy crap man! thanks for being so helpful!! Im gonna sketch up a layout of my room and post a few pics of both the drawing and my room. I can tell you that my cage is on a shelf above my desk so probably about 4 ft from the ground.

Back
Top Bottom