ID needed...

Solved: One eyed Trouser Snake!....;)

Sauropsida Squamata Amphisbaenia....Common Name...Worm Lizard. It is a legless burrowing lizard... Crazy stuff!

Nice Call Tyler!

Last edited:
Josh...were you playing us? Haha...that photo you posted is all over the internet, so just curious. ;)

Nope...Definitely a real animal... Don't know how fun they would be to keep considering they burrow beneath the dirt their entire lives. A burrowing lizard with no legs, and eyes that eyes lye beneath the first layer of tissue(not sure if it has scales). Just google "Worm Lizard" and you will see that this is an actual animal.

pretty weird... and I really can't imagine keeping one other than to say 'i've got one... somewhere in that tank full of dirt....'

Funny thing is, there's one among us that can't stop talking about them... Still waiting for him to join this particular thread.... I know he's reading it. Come on...

This is native and not something that came out of a dirt filled tank in the corner of someone's reptile room? This isn't of Tanzanian origin? I'm with Tyler on this one, but I hadn't realized this had become an obsession.

I'm calling for a Amphisbaenian Intervention.

definitly amphisbaenia i was forced to survive on them for 2yrs 3mth 2days i was held captive by a south american tribe that forced me to eat these not bad they need garlic

Is the chameleon room starting to look like this?:

2260605230_2a41f96b1f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom