Mango

After keeping him a secret for about a month, I’d like to introduce the handsome Mango. 💗
View attachment 346506View attachment 346507View attachment 346509View attachment 346511

He is about 1 1/2 years old and came from someone who loved him very much, but needed to move out of the country. With some reluctance I did change his name for a stupid and kind of superstitious reason…a dream adamantly told me his name was Mango. He’s so very sweet and willingly comes out to me so he can either play ‘treadmill’ or just sit on my arm. He is a bit thin because he’s either the pickiest eater or has a parasite issue. His previous keeper did say he was a very picky eater for him too, so it’s up to a fecal to figure it out. It’s been a challenge to get a decent poo for testing, so he remains quarantined. Once clear, there are plans to make him up a double sized enclosure.
Wow!! He is a beauty!!

After keeping him a secret for about a month, I’d like to introduce the handsome Mango. 💗
View attachment 346506View attachment 346507View attachment 346509View attachment 346511

He is about 1 1/2 years old and came from someone who loved him very much, but needed to move out of the country. With some reluctance I did change his name for a stupid and kind of superstitious reason…a dream adamantly told me his name was Mango. He’s so very sweet and willingly comes out to me so he can either play ‘treadmill’ or just sit on my arm. He is a bit thin because he’s either the pickiest eater or has a parasite issue. His previous keeper did say he was a very picky eater for him too, so it’s up to a fecal to figure it out. It’s been a challenge to get a decent poo for testing, so he remains quarantined. Once clear, there are plans to make him up a double sized enclosure.
What a beautiful and magical gem! I’m so glad you could take care of him. The prior owner is probably ecstatic too. Congratulations and don’t ever keep a secret like this again!

Well first off, congrats on the new Cham!! But also, do you guys have any idea of a place where I can get a good chameleon without it being super pricey?
Before I got Spike (from Frams Chams), I was in your boat. I was encouraged to spend more than I was hoping to spend at that time.

I understand completely. However, I decided to make it work. I decided to wait it out just a little longer, come up with a little more money, and then went ahead and ordered a Sambava Panther male from Frams. After being a petsmart victim.... the difference has been amazing.

I haven't had a single issue with Spike, and you really see the difference in purchasing from a great breeder. I've had Spike for almost 4 months now and couldn't be happier. He is doing amazing, and he is stunning. I highly suggest you wait it out a little longer, be patient, and just save up more money. You will be so happy you did it.

Before I got Spike (from Frams Chams), I was in your boat. I was encouraged to spend more than I was hoping to spend at that time.

I understand completely. However, I decided to make it work. I decided to wait it out just a little longer, come up with a little more money, and then went ahead and ordered a Sambava Panther male from Frams. After being a petsmart victim.... the difference has been amazing.

I haven't had a single issue with Spike, and you really see the difference in purchasing from a great breeder. I've had Spike for almost 4 months now and couldn't be happier. He is doing amazing, and he is stunning. I highly suggest you wait it out a little longer, be patient, and just save up more money. You will be so happy you did it.
Well said! My firsh cham, a veiled, is a PetSmart baby, fortunately I had a good experience with her and she was healthy, however its a gamble and heartbreaking if something does go wrong. My second cham was a rehome baby, he came with a nasty parasite that has 100% morbidity rate. Lots of tears, stress, vet visits, fecal samples, a blood test (which was terrible to watch) and many many dollars later, he is still alive, parasite free and doing well thank goodness. Going through that was literally awful, after all was said and done I probably could have purchased 2 panthers from a good breeder...plus most of the supplies.... My third was from a reputable breeder, and man alive is it a whole different experience. I've had someone to answer any questions or concerns I have and walk me through the proper way to care for him. This really meant a lot to me because things came up for me regarding his care that I didn't' think about or experience with my other two.

Now I can't say I will never buy a PetSmart baby again if a little guy pulls at my heartstrings, or take in a chameleon that needs a good home, but I will say that the majority of my chams will absolutely come from a reputable breeder. They are 1,000% worth it.

All these secret chams like its an undercover operation... come on now... We encourage all chameleons lol
Maybe it is. 🥸 You’ve heard of spy cams? I have spy chams. 😂
Wow!! He is a beauty!!
Thank you! 💗
Well first off, congrats on the new Cham!! But also, do you guys have any idea of a place where I can get a good chameleon without it being super pricey?
Thank you! You’ve been given great advice to check out Frams chams. :) Those places that are super cheap (Backwater, Underground, etc) are horrible and it’s better to pay a little bit more from a respected and reputable breeder.
What a beautiful and magical gem! I’m so glad you could take care of him. The prior owner is probably ecstatic too. Congratulations and don’t ever keep a secret like this again!
Thank you! He certainly is a blessing that I am counting. I do hope his prior keeper is secure in the knowledge that he will be well cared for and very loved. 🥰 I’m usually an open book.

Thank you! 💗

Thank you! You’ve been given great advice to check out Frams chams. :) Those places that are super cheap (Backwater, Underground, etc) are horrible and it’s better to pay a little bit more from a respected and reputable breeder.

Thank you! He certainly is a blessing that I am counting. I do hope his prior keeper is secure in the knowledge that he will be well cared for and very loved. 🥰 I’m usually an open book.
Spy Chams :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thank you! 💗

Spy Chams 🤣 🤣 🤣 I feel like that needs to be a new thread on here

Spy Chams 🤣 🤣 🤣 I feel like that needs to be a new thread on here
Spikes on it
1700160418701.png

I am wowed by this guy. What an interesting bar pattern! I don’t think I’ve seen so many THICK bars like that, especially so close together. In most ambilobe males I’ve seen, they’re either very large but few (because they take up so much surface area), evenly dispersed, or there are many but they’re thin. Mango is gorgeous!! Ugh I’m definitely not jealous or anything 😭 I wish fiancé would let me get another haha

I am wowed by this guy. What an interesting bar pattern! I don’t think I’ve seen so many THICK bars like that, especially so close together. In most ambilobe males I’ve seen, they’re either very large but few (because they take up so much surface area), evenly dispersed, or there are many but they’re thin. Mango is gorgeous!! Ugh I’m definitely not jealous or anything 😭 I wish fiancé would let me get another haha
Thank you! I was definitely wowed by him at first sight. Hopefully fiance’ will come around to the cham side. 💗

Finally got a good poo and ran it right over to the vet. The verdict is pinworms. Phew! Already picked up his med (Strongid) and gave his first of three doses. The vet said he could have such a poor appetite because of pinworms or (gulp) coccidia, so I’ve been nervous. Will get a recheck in a couple of weeks or so and once clear, his quarantine can end.

Thank you so much for the help! I do have one more question, though, and that is, is a mistking starter kit a good enough setup for chameleons?

Back
Top Bottom