I Lost Sir Lancelot to a hawk

That's so very sad. I am so sorry that you lost Sir Lancelot. I sit outside with my guys allot and I'm always terrified of birds. You have my condolences.

That is sooo sad!:(:eek: I would be crushed if that happened to my chameleon, their are hawks here I live so I will be sure to check for them before I take my chameleon out side!

This is something I would not have thought about upon bringing my Cham out this upcoming season.. I have a ton of hawks where I live,
I see ten a day easy around the house.
Sorry for your loss, it has opened my eyes to the dangers outdoors so thank you for the post. Potentially saved my Cham

This is the most meaningful post, IMO. It should hopefully help ease your pain a lot more. Yes you lost your cham and it could have been prevented, but many of us (including myself) would have never thought about this and could have just as easily made the same mistake. By sharing this experience, you potentially saved the lives of many current and future chams, and for that, we all thank you.

My backround, 27 year old, manly man, Marines... I just shed a tear, that is awful, I hate losing pets, I love them as much as i love my children, so difficult, condolences aren't enough, just breathe, dont beat your self up to much, that bird could have snuck up on you no matter what..

I vary sorry for your loss, I would never have thought that something like this could happen. Never even crossed my mind:eek:

Wow. I cant say how bad I feel for you after reading that. I came close once many years back and almost lost a Mellers to a Crow. I got very very lucky in that I didn't know there was a cat also stalking my Cham along a wall and it switched to the crow....

Crow got away, cat got nothing, and I ran outside with broom and the Cham was most likely thinking "WTF was all that about"

Seriously, sorry for your loss

I'm sorry, I know it doesn't help. I do have to say that most of us would never have even considered looking for a hawk. Thant you did for years just proves what good care you did take of him.

Wow. Totally sorry to read this. I can't imagine how you feel.

I keep my clan out most of the year (in their enclosures), but I frequently take them out to free roam on some branches. I'm always looking for birds of prey and so far have had no issues.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and it's a hard lesson to swallow, but I'm not going to beat anyone up over it. Crap happens. Again, so sorry.

yeah I have been notified the video was a fake! lol looked real to me though! They did a good job. I did the think the wing span was kinda big on the bird, almost too big!!! Not to hijack your thread here so....again I am very sorry you lost your chameleon like that.

That eagle video was fake but still a golden eagle would have no problem picking up a 50lb child. They will usually pick up their prey and as they descend they will drop it to kill it and then eat it.

They do this with mountain goats all the time. Also native hunters in malaysia have trained these golden eagles to hunt coyotes for them... it's actually one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and the way it happened .... so sad.

I had my Stanley out one day last year, he was sitting in a plant hanger on the back of my house.. I was sitting right under him on a deck box soaking up some rays myself.. I was constantly looking up and checking on him, all of a sudden he got very dark and shrunk down onto the plant,, I stood up to see what was up and not 50' away sat a hawk on a fence... I needed a crowbar to get him out of that plant...
All ended well, thank God,,,, but it made me realize even more that you just CAN'T be too careful!!!

Back
Top Bottom